Sign in with
Your question

Corsair AX1200 and MSI MPOWER CPU connector not compatible

Last response: in Systems
December 8, 2012 8:43:59 PM

Hello,

I am building my system and I am supposed to connect the 8 PIN power connector of the mobo (the connector providing 12V power to the CPU).
Unfortunately, the connectors "CPU" provided by Corsair do not fit (8 PINS but not correctly shaped)!!!!

Can anyone suggest a solution to get a proper cable from my PSU to the mobo CPU 8 pin connector?

Thx very much
a b à CPUs
December 8, 2012 8:52:56 PM

You are probably using the wrong 8-pin or are using it in the wrong direction.

There are 8-pins for the graphics card as well, make sure you are not using those. I have made this mistake before lol.
a b à CPUs
December 8, 2012 9:01:27 PM

they work. you just plugged in the wrong one. there is one from the psu that is specially arranged in a 4+4 configuration. use that one
Related resources
December 8, 2012 11:01:55 PM

Thks very much...everything booted up and is fine...really sorry... :) 
a b à CPUs
December 8, 2012 11:18:36 PM

littleL said:
Hello,

I am building my system and I am supposed to connect the 8 PIN power connector of the mobo (the connector providing 12V power to the CPU).
Unfortunately, the connectors "CPU" provided by Corsair do not fit (8 PINS but not correctly shaped)!!!!

Can anyone suggest a solution to get a proper cable from my PSU to the mobo CPU 8 pin connector?

Thx very much

thats a pretty noob mistake, if you dont mind me asking what are you doing with such a big psu
a b à CPUs
December 9, 2012 5:28:04 AM

Its alright, I've done the same thing on a few builds.
!