660ti vs 680 whats the difference ?

My friend recommends the 660ti over the 680 and claims the 680 is over kill.

My friend said:

Thats why I never go over the X60 versions of cards. You end up paying exponentially more for small improvements.
The 680 works better under load, but you couldn't stress out a 660 enough to matter.

Is the 680 more power effcient than the 660ti by much ?

I mentioned over clocking and he thinks this ( If you ever feel the need to overclock, get a new card. the hassle is not worth the risk)

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5699/n...-680-review/10
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6159/t...0-ti-review/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYc-_xuupSY
http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

Ps will be doing video editing so that has to factor into the choice between cards.
will the 680 offer anything more in terms of faster video editing ?
well anything sugnificant ?
11 answers Last reply
More about 660ti whats difference
  1. The 670 is best best bang per buck NOT 660 ti nor 680
  2. bigcyco1 said:
    The 670 is best best bang per buck NOT 660 ti nor 680


    Thanks, alot of people seem to say this to me.
  3. 99androidguy777 said:
    Thanks, alot of people seem to say this to me.
    It's because it's true :D
  4. the 670 outperforms by quite a bit. Why spend say 330 to 350 on a 660Ti? Get one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423&name=Desktop-Graphics-Cards 10% off w/ promo code GIGAX0X2B, ends 10/18
  5. bigcyco1 said:
    the 670 outperforms by quite a bit. Why spend say 330 to 350 on a 660Ti? Get one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423&name=Desktop-Graphics-Cards 10% off w/ promo code GIGAX0X2B, ends 10/18


    I'm in Ireland.
    I will be ordering from.

    www.overclockers.co.uk
  6. The 8800 GT was the best value in video card history. The GTX 670 is a close second.

    I only went with 7970s because they're significantly cheaper if you're smart about it. Made $140 in bitcoins since I built my rig, paid $399 for each 7970 for an effective $320 a card and dropping at about $3 per day per card.

    If you overclock, the 7970 falls between the 670 and 680 (also overclocked). Any of those cards will max out any game on the market at 1080p.

    My advice is simple. If you like AMD or want to try Bitcoin, get the 7950 (7970 isn't really worth the extra cost). Otherwise, the 670.
  7. willard said:
    The 8800 GT was the best value in video card history. The GTX 670 is a close second.

    I only went with 7970s because they're significantly cheaper if you're smart about it. Made $140 in bitcoins since I built my rig, paid $399 for each 7970 for an effective $320 a card and dropping at about $3 per day per card.

    If you overclock, the 7970 falls between the 670 and 680 (also overclocked). Any of those cards will max out any game on the market at 1080p.

    My advice is simple. If you like AMD or want to try Bitcoin, get the 7950 (7970 isn't really worth the extra cost). Otherwise, the 670.


    I will be going Nvidia.
    I will be buying a second card later.
  8. AGREE 100% with bigsyco1.

    Overclockers.co.uk, but this 670 then:
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-095-GI
  9. zander1983 said:
    AGREE 100% with bigsyco1.

    Overclockers.co.uk, but this 670 then:
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-095-GI


    Thanks :)
  10. 99androidguy777 said:
    I will be going Nvidia.
    I will be buying a second card later.

    No brainer then, 670 all the way. A pair of them should max out pretty much any game for the next five years.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Video Editing Graphics Product