Sign in with
Your question

HELP! Need last few parts/edit parts! First build.

Last response: in Systems
December 8, 2012 9:44:28 PM

Hey guys, I am new to here, found it while trying to find my original post. I have a little story for you guys. I am looking to get a new system, mine is from 2006 and is horrible. I am hoping for fairly cheap. I was looking for some on the Google, and i stumbled across a in depth Guide on how to get the parts, as well as how to put them all together correctly. I lost it, and this is all that i got off of it. If you happen to know the page, let me know. A few things i remember about it: It had a tanish background, i believe. Every time you moved on to a step, you had to go to the bottom and would be redirected to a different page. It had these items on it, and i believe it was a 650W power supply. It had the monitor, Os, etc. I would like to get that back, but i cant find it, so i posted here. I think the tag on the total was around $1200.

Approximate Purchase Date: Around Christmas.

Budget Range: As low as i can get, for a fairly good computer. Maxing $900

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Live streaming/recording (while gaming), browsing the web

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com, wherever i can get cheapest.

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU, Raedon/ Nvidia Graphics.

Overclocking: If Possible.

SLI or Crossfire: If possible.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1024 x 768

Additional Comments: Would like the best one for the buck. Looking to run just League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Minecraft, ETC on as best as i can.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Old system.

i do NOT need the following: OS, Mouse, Keyboard, Hard Drive(s), Optical Drive(s), Speakers, Monitor.
ALL I NEED ARE: Case, Power, Motherboard, Ram, Video card, Possibly sound card (depending in built in is good, you tell me) CPU, any heat sink/cords not included in the items that are linked.

I have a few of the parts i would like selected (Will edit if needed)

Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX Intel 7 Series Motherboard - ATX, Socket H2 (LGA1155), Intel Z77 Express, 2400MHz DDR3 (O.C.), SATA III (6Gb/s), RAID, 8-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, PCIe 3.0, CrossFireX Ready

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K BX806237i53570K Processor - Quad Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), Socket H2 (LGA1155), 95W, Fan, Unlocked, Retail

Video Card: ASUS HD7850-DC2-2GD5-V2 Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Also, i need to know if i have a 64 bit or 32 bit OS, or does it not matter? Which i need, i have both.

Thanks.

More about : parts edit parts build

December 8, 2012 11:33:52 PM

if you are just playing LoL, WoW, and other simple games, a 7850 is kinda overkill, especially at that super low end resolution. you are better off with this

no video card needed. CPU video card is enough, especially at that resolution
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rzdB

added a heatsink so that you can overclock the rig a little
m
l
December 8, 2012 11:43:35 PM

Since i noticed Pcpartpicker, i have been playing a round a bit. This is my thing that i have kind of screwed around with, tell me how it is and ifs its a better deal for just the games that i will be playing. (I have Hard drives, Opticals drives, OS.) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rzl2
m
l
Related resources
December 8, 2012 11:46:29 PM

I went as cheap as i could, because i am going for cheap as well.
m
l
December 8, 2012 11:49:30 PM

nope. i3 is weaker than the a10 and the 430 is weaker than the GPU within the APU. and yours uses more power
m
l
December 8, 2012 11:49:57 PM

and yours has a junk power supply and a extinct platform
m
l
December 8, 2012 11:53:44 PM

Is there anyway to reduce the price at all? The CPU cooler, Case? Brand of ram (Still want a good ram brand and speed, but any cheaper?) Or is that the cheapest you could make it?
m
l
December 8, 2012 11:59:37 PM

Why not keep the old CPU, but take a cheaper CPU fan?
m
l
December 9, 2012 12:03:54 AM

you can do that. but you said make it as cheap as possible. so thats what i did
m
l
!