Sign in with
Your question

Setting up Xbox 360 wirelessly with Motorola SBG6580.

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 21, 2011 6:42:59 PM

Alright so i'm gonna be very straight forward and simple about my question haha. So i just got time warner cables new Roadrunner extreme package running at 35 Down and 5 Up. I'm using the Motorola Surfboard Gateway 6580 they provided. So here's the question part, i need to know how to setup my wireless connection for the best gaming connection. I'm pretty tech savvy but this thing has so many options and such that i want some more veteran advice as this is my first time using a DOCSIS 3.0 Dual Channel Bond Capable modem/router combo. Any help and advice on how best to setup the connection would be great. I'm running two xbox 360's as well as a PS3 and a few wireless laptops. Don't know if that is important lol.
January 6, 2012 11:21:11 PM

T-G3NOC1D3 said:
Alright so i'm gonna be very straight forward and simple about my question haha. So i just got time warner cables new Roadrunner extreme package running at 35 Down and 5 Up. I'm using the Motorola Surfboard Gateway 6580 they provided. So here's the question part, i need to know how to setup my wireless connection for the best gaming connection. I'm pretty tech savvy but this thing has so many options and such that i want some more veteran advice as this is my first time using a DOCSIS 3.0 Dual Channel Bond Capable modem/router combo. Any help and advice on how best to setup the connection would be great. I'm running two xbox 360's as well as a PS3 and a few wireless laptops. Don't know if that is important lol.

I think I've tried everything on this modem, and unfortunately it looks like we're all stuck with strict NAT over wireless. I've forwarded all of the right ports, enabled UPnP, established a static IP, and even specified DMZ with no luck whatsoever. Xbox LIVE support doesn't support this modem/router, so they couldn't help either. I'm going to look in to putting it in bridge mode and buying my own router anyway since I'm getting about 90% bandwidth deterioration from one side of the house to the other.

If you hear of a solution in the meantime, I'm all ears.
m
l
!