control character only names allows take over of voice mes..

Last response: in Video Games
December 9, 2004 8:27:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Hi,

I was playing an RTCW MP Demo game and I *only* had control characters in my
name like control characters 1 to 31 excluding 10 and 13.

Then somebody else was able to "invoke" my voice messages.

For example it would seem/look like I said:
"Oops!" and
"Fire in the hole"

Etc.

I can vaguely remember something about that being build in as a joke by the
programmer or something ?

How does this "voice message take over" trick work for players with only
control character names ? ;)  :D

Bye,
Skybuck.
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 8:27:05 AM

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:27:04 +0100, Skybuck Flying wrote:

> How does this "voice message take over" trick work for players with only
> control character names ? ;)  :D

Why would you have a name like that? Fix your name, and don't worry about
it...

Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 10:57:04 PM

"Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.org> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.12.09.05.13.48.360615@invalid.org...
> On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:27:04 +0100, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>
> > How does this "voice message take over" trick work for players with only
> > control character names ? ;)  :D
>
> Why would you have a name like that? Fix your name, and don't worry about
> it...

Hi,

Yesterday the dude told me how to do it :)

It has nothing to do with "control character names only"...

It works for all names... <- pretty funny.

How it works I will keep a secret for now :D  lol.

It seems to be a bug in the game ;)

( Same day I will post how to do it first I wanna have some fun with it
heheheh )

Bye,
Skybuck.
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 1:22:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

OH NO HE'S HERE TOO!

Dan
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 7:54:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Well dude I had my fun with it... well not really... the people I tried it
on didn't react much to it ;)

Here is how it works:

1. Go to spectator during warmup.

2. View a player

3. When the count down goes 7... 6... 5 then at 6 or 5 switch to the next
player.

4. Then wait until the game starts.

If you are lucky and you are still viewing that last player you can now take
over his voice commands.

It works 50% of the time.

It seems some kind of switch bug or so :)

5. Then to do the voice messages you have to use

vsay_team hi

to test it... only the spectators can hear the team voice messages or

use

vsay hi etc to drive people nuts hehehe :)

or for example

vsay sorry
vsay iamsoldier

etc