Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Thought it was graphic card problem but not!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 19, 2012 4:01:15 PM

Hello,
My monitor was frequently going bonkers with weird lines flickering and making the screen split into rt and lft sides. I bought a new pc and the monitor still does this... What gives?

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 19, 2012 4:16:08 PM

...well, you probably should have bought a new monitor than lol, sorry :/ .
October 19, 2012 4:21:42 PM

Haha, yeah I thought so after I saw the screen go nuts again when I booted up the new pc. Oh well, so now I'll have a whole new system :D  I was thinking it might be the hdmi cord? Nah, probably the monitor.

Thanks for the reply,
Esther
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2012 4:23:59 PM

Heck, if you're buying a new PC you might as well get a new monitor. Just don't use the old cable just in case.
m
l
October 19, 2012 5:00:26 PM

nbelote said:
Heck, if you're buying a new PC you might as well get a new monitor. Just don't use the old cable just in case.

Thanks, yes I will get a new cable.
m
l
October 20, 2012 9:56:55 PM

Best answer selected by Maravill.
m
l
October 20, 2012 10:20:51 PM

maravill said:
Hello,
My monitor was frequently going bonkers with weird lines flickering and making the screen split into rt and lft sides. I bought a new pc and the monitor still does this... What gives?

Ok I bought an LG IPS235V monitor. The store tech said the box included cables. so I get home and it has what I think is a D-sub cable. Hmm, I plugged it into the D-sub port on the monitor (which also has DVI-D). On the pc side (AMD Radeon HD 7770) I couldn't see a place for DVI-D so I attached a D-sub to DVI converter. Is this the best solution for the system? I am not to up on my video ports since they have changed a lot lately.
m
l
!