Solved

Thought it was graphic card problem but not!

Hello,
My monitor was frequently going bonkers with weird lines flickering and making the screen split into rt and lft sides. I bought a new pc and the monitor still does this... What gives?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about thought graphic card problem
  1. Best answer
    ...well, you probably should have bought a new monitor than lol, sorry :/.
  2. Haha, yeah I thought so after I saw the screen go nuts again when I booted up the new pc. Oh well, so now I'll have a whole new system :D I was thinking it might be the hdmi cord? Nah, probably the monitor.

Thanks for the reply,
    Esther
  3. Heck, if you're buying a new PC you might as well get a new monitor. Just don't use the old cable just in case.
  4. nbelote said:
    Heck, if you're buying a new PC you might as well get a new monitor. Just don't use the old cable just in case.

Thanks, yes I will get a new cable.
  5. Best answer selected by Maravill.
  6. maravill said:
    Hello,
    My monitor was frequently going bonkers with weird lines flickering and making the screen split into rt and lft sides. I bought a new pc and the monitor still does this... What gives?

Ok I bought an LG IPS235V monitor. The store tech said the box included cables. so I get home and it has what I think is a D-sub cable. Hmm, I plugged it into the D-sub port on the monitor (which also has DVI-D). On the pc side (AMD Radeon HD 7770) I couldn't see a place for DVI-D so I attached a D-sub to DVI converter. Is this the best solution for the system? I am not to up on my video ports since they have changed a lot lately.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics