Sign in with
Your question

Graphic card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 19, 2012 4:26:28 PM

Hi guys, I'm an occasional gamer. I play World of Warcraft but I've noticed with every expansion I just get laggier and I assumed is because my graphic card is terrible. But my pc is not that old so I rather upgrade the card at least a little instead of buying a whole new one. However, I have no clue how to choose a card so I'm hoping you guys will provide me with a link where I can just buy it.
My budget:$200 a little more if needed but I doubt such card exists for my pc lol.
Pc model: hp pavilion slimline s5310f
Here are the details:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume...

Monitor resolution:1680 x 1050

I do not wish To upgrade my power supply. I just need a card that will improve my gaming experience a bit.
If there are extra cables or adapters that I need for the graphic card I'll appreciate if you mention it as well
Thank you so much.

More about : graphic card

a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2012 4:58:37 PM

Well sir, ah i'm not sure if 220Watts is capable of powering any of the graphics cards you need.. You must be running onboard graphics.. the best i can recommend to you at that low of a watt without upgrading your power supply is a Gt 610 or a older GT series or Very Very low Radeon 6000 series card.. You really should upgrade your power supply. Because you don't have but maybe 1 or 2 things to choose from that won't be a huge improvement
October 19, 2012 5:16:38 PM

Okay then if I was to upgrade the power supply for a Higher one, this wouldn't damage any components right? sorry I'm technically retarded lol. I would also need the link to a power supply that fits my case :)  what would be my best choice for a card at a higher power supply
Related resources
October 19, 2012 5:23:10 PM

I know a hd5670 works only off the power from the PCI-e slot. I'm not sure what available wattage you have left in there to spare though. I know a 5670 will run WoW pretty well, as I ran one for a while on a old Dell that was bottlenecked by a pentium 4 HT ;)  I'm not sure how hard it would be to find a 5670 if you have spare power for one. Good luck though!
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2012 5:28:45 PM

His power supply should be just enough to power his rig. probably not even a 30 watt headroom
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2012 5:40:49 PM

if you did that, then you'd have a much better list of options
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2012 5:45:17 PM

Yea that would be fine.. and No your not annoying. Its what we do. were here to help people like you.
October 19, 2012 5:53:59 PM

Almighty, I'll keep it in mind. Can you think of a better choice that that one though? I wouldn't mind buying another if it will improve the performance even more
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2012 6:13:11 PM

that won't bottleneck your CPU? well a GT 630 might be a little better but
!