Sign in with
Your question

Integrated video card not working - New PCI-E card not detected

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 19, 2012 5:25:45 PM

Hey guys,

i have an HP pavillon A6702F. My integrated card is an Nvidia Geforce 9100. It stopped working and my screen is black since then and my monitor tells me that nothing is being detectected. It turns on and then goes on stand by,

So I purshased a PCI-E video card (Nvidia Geforece) that supports the minimal requirement but nothing is being detected and the screen is still black. I tried another video card but nothing works.

I wanna change de settings in my bios but i cant access it cause i cant see anything on my screen.
I just wanna add that it is not a screen or cable problem cause i tried it with other ones and it still doesnt work.
Also, when plugged in, the integrated fan on one of the pci-e video card is on, so i guess it is not a motherboard problem.

I dont know what to do anymore.

Thanks for your help!
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2012 6:51:35 PM

You did connect the monitor to the new video card when you installed it correct?
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2012 7:13:32 PM

You have to make sure that the card is compatible, if you are indeed plugged into the GPU, then the card is either bad or incompatible. Plugging in the new GPU and then plugging in your monitor should give you a low resolution display so you can install the drivers and get proper resolutions out of the card, I don't believe there is any reason it would not operate at least at low resolutions unless the card is bad or incompatible.
October 20, 2012 11:18:32 PM

chugot9218 said:
You have to make sure that the card is compatible, if you are indeed plugged into the GPU, then the card is either bad or incompatible. Plugging in the new GPU and then plugging in your monitor should give you a low resolution display so you can install the drivers and get proper resolutions out of the card, I don't believe there is any reason it would not operate at least at low resolutions unless the card is bad or incompatible.

Hi,

yes its plugged in the right GPU. And its supporting the minimal requirement.. i tried 3 video cards and all of them same results. I also switched the jumpers to reset the CMOS in case that was the problem but it still doesnt work.
!