Digital LCD flipup cap

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 4, 2005 9:51:16 PM

Does anyone have any experience with this product.

Fits over the eyepiece and has a flip up cover to protect the LCD screen.

www.hoodmanusa.com

TIA

More about : digital lcd flipup cap

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 9:51:17 PM

Which camera do you have?

"Tom Hughes" <t.hughes@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:o Y7ee.1861$Yg4.916@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
Does anyone have any experience with this product.

Fits over the eyepiece and has a flip up cover to protect the LCD screen.

www.hoodmanusa.com

TIA
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:41:33 AM

"Tom Hughes" <t.hughes@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:o Y7ee.1861$Yg4.916@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> Does anyone have any experience with this product.
>
> Fits over the eyepiece and has a flip up cover to protect the LCD screen.
>
> www.hoodmanusa.com

Yeah, I bought one as soon as I saw it in the camera store for my D70. It
gets in the way of pressing the "Left" part of the 4-way button in back and
it's awkward to close with one hand but there's nothing else like it I've
seen.

Norm
May 5, 2005 12:41:34 AM

"Norm Dresner" <ndrez@att.net> wrote in message
> "Tom Hughes" <t.hughes@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:o Y7ee.1861$Yg4.916@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
>> Does anyone have any experience with this product.
>>
>> Fits over the eyepiece and has a flip up cover to protect the LCD screen.
>>
>> www.hoodmanusa.com
>>

> Yeah, I bought one as soon as I saw it in the camera store for my D70. It
> gets in the way of pressing the "Left" part of the 4-way button in back
> and
> it's awkward to close with one hand but there's nothing else like it I've
> seen.
>
> Norm

Why not just use the plastic cover that comes with the camera? I already
have an extra for when mine gets beat up, and they are pretty cheap. Never
had a need to remove it (isn't "that" much clearer without it). While the
LCD screen is great, and the only way of seeing and evaluating an image
after taking it, it's not the same as seeing it on your computer. So,
what's the advantage?
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 5:27:22 AM

Canon 300D
"Destin_FL" <mounttimmy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Which camera do you have?

> "Tom Hughes" <t.hughes@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:o Y7ee.1861$Yg4.916@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> Does anyone have any experience with this product.
>
> Fits over the eyepiece and has a flip up cover to protect the LCD screen.
>
> www.hoodmanusa.com
>
> TIA

May 5, 2005 3:47:48 PM

Sheldon wrote:

> "Norm Dresner" <ndrez@att.net> wrote in message
>
>>"Tom Hughes" <t.hughes@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>news:o Y7ee.1861$Yg4.916@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
>>
>>>Does anyone have any experience with this product.
>>>
>>>Fits over the eyepiece and has a flip up cover to protect the LCD screen.
>>>
>>>www.hoodmanusa.com
>>>

>>Yeah, I bought one as soon as I saw it in the camera store for my D70. It
>>gets in the way of pressing the "Left" part of the 4-way button in back
>>and
>>it's awkward to close with one hand but there's nothing else like it I've
>>seen.
>>
>> Norm
>

> Why not just use the plastic cover that comes with the camera? I already
> have an extra for when mine gets beat up, and they are pretty cheap. Never
> had a need to remove it (isn't "that" much clearer without it). While the
> LCD screen is great, and the only way of seeing and evaluating an image
> after taking it, it's not the same as seeing it on your computer. So,
> what's the advantage?

When the plastic cover gets little scratches etc, try polishing it
vigorously with either toothpaste or brass cleaner on a soft cloth.
Works well for me.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 3:47:49 PM

Frederick wrote:

> When the plastic cover gets little scratches etc, try polishing it
> vigorously with either toothpaste or brass cleaner on a soft cloth.
> Works well for me.

Lemon pledge is another miracle worker for plastic filters (such as Cokin).

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 10:42:00 PM

> Sheldon wrote:
> > "Norm Dresner" <ndrez@att.net> wrote in message
> >>"Tom Hughes" <t.hughes@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> >>news:o Y7ee.1861$Yg4.916@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> >>Yeah, I bought one as soon as I saw it in the camera store for my D70.
It
> >>gets in the way of pressing the "Left" part of the 4-way button in back
> >>and
> >>it's awkward to close with one hand but there's nothing else like it
I've
> >>seen.
> >> Norm
> > Why not just use the plastic cover that comes with the camera? I
already
> > have an extra for when mine gets beat up, and they are pretty cheap.
Never
> > had a need to remove it (isn't "that" much clearer without it). While
the
> > LCD screen is great, and the only way of seeing and evaluating an image
> > after taking it, it's not the same as seeing it on your computer. So,
> > what's the advantage?

Apparently you've never tried to see the image on the LCD on a really bright
day when you can't shield the LCD from the sky. As far as I'm concerned
the great benefit of this is the shielding from ambient light, not
protecting the LCD.

Norm
!