XFX 7870 or Asus Gtx 670??

Status
Not open for further replies.

momilwk

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Well another question here which one should i get i have a AMD Fx-8120 and a Sapphire 5770 on a Aussu m5a97Evo motherboard and i want a new video card and my choices for the money are:
XFX FX787ACNFC HD7870 256BIT 2GB DDR5 PCI-E 3.0 ($355)

ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 GTX670 2GB GDDR5 PCIE 3.0 ($427)

Which one should i get cause i dont pretend on nearly future to crossfire or sli this cards ???

Sorry if my english is not perfect

Solution
The ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 is the better performing card.

The price difference corresponds to the performance difference.

What is the brand and model of your power supply unit?

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 670 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) @ 45-50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.
The ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 is the better performing card.

The price difference corresponds to the performance difference.

What is the brand and model of your power supply unit?

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 670 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) @ 45-50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

Solution
The GeForce GTX 670 would be my recommendation.

The Cooler Master Silent Pro M1000 is way more than enough (i.e. excessive). It's enough for a system using four GeForce GTX 670 graphics cards in 4-way SLI mode.

You could have saved yourself some money by buying the appropriate capacity high quality power supply and then using the savings to apply towards the better graphics card.

momilwk

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Well perfect ty for the answers i would get a gtx 670 and i get the silent prom 1000watts for futures upgrades i dont want to be limited soo thats why i get that PSU but yeah i know is a lil too much for now =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS