Sign in with
Your question

Still no help, starting to think all i need is rma advice

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 19, 2012 7:07:50 PM

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/374450-33-asus-7950#t...

heres a link to everything iv done/found out. Dost look good, It technically works, but (and thats a big but) its nowhere near what its supposed to be... looks like asus screwed me. (side note, since I bought this from newegg the overall rating has dropped by 1.5 egg)

any advice (other than do more research next time. lesson learned)

More about : starting rma advice

October 19, 2012 7:15:35 PM

Id also like to add that out of the box it would crash after any graphics load that sustained more than 5 mins at moire than 50% usage
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 19, 2012 7:37:17 PM

RMA it for sure.

You should NEVER have issues like this ever with a brand new product, out of the box.

This part is opinion, but I've built a few systems, and had issues with AMD/ATI graphics, but never with NVIDIA...

My recommendation, RMA it. Get a refund. Get a GTX 660 TI, unless u MUST have a 7950
Benchmarks and prices: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
m
l
Related resources
October 19, 2012 9:06:03 PM

well now im confused, i used heaven benchmark, opn all highest settings and 4x anti, it did fine. Left it running for 30 mins, averaged 56 fps. was around 80 average fps at 2x. Temps as far as i can tell did fine. I realize the temps with this card arnt accurately portrayed but gpu teak never went above 57c at 99% load( a full 10 lower than when i start to have issues). So do i go through the hassle of rma and all the horror stories of that or just say eh it seems to work fine now...
m
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
October 19, 2012 9:14:38 PM

Can we assume your not running the card on a sub standard PSU ? Just asking as a weak PSU can cause cards to overheat and or cause crashes that appear to be unrelated to anything except stressing the card. That is the temps seem fine but the draw exceeds the PSU and causes the GPU to spike while trying to pull power that just not there and shut down.

Mactronix :) 
m
l
October 19, 2012 11:53:06 PM

mactronix said:
Can we assume your not running the card on a sub standard PSU ? Just asking as a weak PSU can cause cards to overheat and or cause crashes that appear to be unrelated to anything except stressing the card. That is the temps seem fine but the draw exceeds the PSU and causes the GPU to spike while trying to pull power that just not there and shut down.

Pretty sure its not the psu. Gold plus cert as well as new. I suppose i could try busting out a volt meter. How would i go about testing it though. Just like folow the black wire to a red one?
m
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
October 20, 2012 8:05:48 AM

Its been ages since I tested a PSU best to check on-line ;) 

m
l
!