Sign in with
Your question

Problem with ASUS P8Z77-V Pro

Last response: in Systems
December 9, 2012 11:33:45 AM

I'm new at this so be nice.
I built my first pc using asus p8z77-v-le running on raid and gs700 power supply.
On startup the gs 700 fan runs for a second then dies olso intel cpu fan has a hard time starting. Tries to kick in for a few seconds then starts and keeps running.
everything else seems to be working ok.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks don22

More about : problem asus p8z77 pro

December 21, 2012 10:00:44 PM

i have the same problem with a cooler master silent pro 800w and a p8z77v pro
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 21, 2012 11:50:32 PM

When I had that problem, I'm not sure what it was either but I found that If you completely unbuild the system, including removing the cpu from the socket and the motherboard from the case, put it all back together and everything was fine from then on. The person I sold it to has not had any problems since.

Don't know why or what fixed it, but it did for me.
m
l
Related resources
December 22, 2012 2:27:08 PM

well actually I've done dry start ( just the mobo and the PSU ) and it starts for 32-3 secs and then it stops so it's already "dismantled " but thanks for the reply
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 23, 2012 6:15:09 PM

@ varusad
That's kinda like a rolling stop instead of actually stopping. Removing the cpu and all components is the idea, not just some of them.
m
l
December 24, 2012 2:32:14 PM

suteck said:
@ varusad
That's kinda like a rolling stop instead of actually stopping. Removing the cpu and all components is the idea, not just some of them.

well, as i said before : i had just the power source and the motherboard , so no cpu , no gpuy nothing just the MB and the psu; btw it did the same with all the components installed
tank you rfor your answer thou

BTW thePSU is OK , i've tested on a different computer and it works fine
m
l
January 7, 2013 3:13:39 PM

update
changed the mobo - got a msi z77mpower
and using the same power supply i have the same problem -
tested the PSU with http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/tes [...] wer-supply
but not measured it so ; perhaps its a faulty psu don't know maybe you have other ideas
THANKS
m
l
!