Can I run 4 displays, simultaneously?

NSA_KEY

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Hello,

I would like to know if I can run (4) displays, simultaneously, with my current setup. I am currently running two displays on a GTX 560 EVGA 2gig card, and I was looking to purchase another one, not for SLI, but for running the additional displays.

Motherboard:
GIGABYTE - GA-B75M-D3H

iBuyPower - Gamer Supreme Desktop - 16GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive

Model: GAMER SUPREME BB966SLCK
SKU: 5471656
UPC: 848604001098

Thank you.

lchrisk

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
I think you have this confused. If you don't sli, how will you even be able to use it? Also, for four monitors, I would get the gtx 690, as when you sli, vram doesn't stack, only bandwidth. So if I were you, I would be getting the 690, or go with a 7970.

NSA_KEY

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Hi. Thanks. Yeah, I was told by tech support at IBuypower that the SLI is only for doubling up the cards, for additional benefits on a single or multiple display system. They told me that I could install two cards, but not use the SLI, and connect two displays to each card in order to run the four displays. Perhaps I was misinformed. Nonetheless, I would prefer not buying a different card if I don't have to (i.e. if I can just get another GTX 560 to run the additional displays, I would rather do that). I would be open to purchasing AMD cards, assuming I could get everything I needed for around $400 or less.

Any ideas?

Thanks.