Looking to get a new PC

My current PC specs: Intel Duo Core, E8400 (GTX 260), 3 GHz, 4 GB, 32-bit Vista.

I've had this PC for about 3 years'ish now and i'm looking to build a new PC though I KNOW NOTHING about building them.. My budget is around 1 - 1.5k, would be higher if i can sell my parts somehow (probably won't bring much back anyhow), but this is what i currently have to work with. I'm looking for a semi high end PC that will run FFXIV at max, i tried running it at max with my current PC, no go, the game was all choppy and had very low fps. FFXIV 2.0 system requirements are a lot lower then 1.0 when it gets released next year, i'll also be playing Blade and Soul and i want to be able to max that aswell. Any help is greatly appreciated!
12 answers Last reply
More about looking
  1. first of all,

are you overclocking
    are you doing SLi/crossfire in the future
    where do you live

then id recommend a build
  2. Don't think i'm overclocking, don't even know how to do that, SLi/Crossfire? I'm in over my head lol.. checked dxdiag, my system is nForce 750i SLi. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
  3. whitetiamat said:
    Don't think i'm overclocking, don't even know how to do that, SLi/Crossfire? I'm in over my head lol.. cheked dxdiag, my system is nForce 750i SLi. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

ur english is shi* sad moment
  4. I'd recommend my build (in sig block) but with a Radeon 7970 and a SATA3 SSD (180GB or bigger).

If you need a monitor, will need to change it up some.
  5. I have a 23" HP monitor, 1920x1080.
  6. Build i recommended should run around $1400-ish.

Live near a Microcenter? They are the win for 3570K+Z77 mobo combos but only in store.
  7. Nope, nearest center would be in Texas, 8-10 hours away lol..
  8. get this. if you are not overclocking or doing SLI, there isnt much point of getting anything over this. the 7950 should perform around the same as a 670 after some tweaking around. much better value as well

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rGbD
  9. Should i do SLi and OC? I can bump up my buget to 2k now, i've been trying to understand how to OC by watching vids on Youtube, *** seems confusing to me.
  10. i would. good overall experience.

bumping to 2k wouldnt mean much. 1400-1500 dollars is the amount that you need for a top end gaming rig. anything higher doesnt add performance
  11. BigTroll nails it again! Some days I think he and G-Unit are my mom and dad. Not sure which is which tho /shrug.
  12. wtf???? i'll take that as a complement................
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Windows Vista Systems