Your question

Is My Build Okay

Tags:
  • Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
December 9, 2012 12:38:25 PM

Well, I Think This Build Is Good For What I want it to do. it costed 687 pounds (1100 dollars for all you american folks) i want it for video editing, Gaming On High-Max Settings. General Use, Basically able to do everything at a usable level.

Here Are My Specs:
AMD FX 8350
Sapphire Radeon HD7770 Graphics Card (1GB, GDDR5)
Corsair Vengeance 16gb 1866mhz
CIT Mars Blue Case
Powercool 750W 80+ Dual 12V V2.2 High Efficiency PSU - Black
Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme Rev.2 CPU Cooler
Asus M5A78L-M USB3 AMD 760G AM3+ mATX Pc Motherboard
Western Digital 160 GB (7200 rpm) SATA 8 MB 3.5 inch Hard Drive.

More about : build

December 9, 2012 1:05:54 PM

change motherboard to another to shipset 990FX and see if it support 8350 with it already intalled bios otherwise you wont boot your pc its not gona do anything you have then to update bios mannualy with another comptible CPU
December 9, 2012 1:53:06 PM

LagerLV said:
change motherboard to another to shipset 990FX and see if it support 8350 with it already intalled bios otherwise you wont boot your pc its not gona do anything you have then to update bios mannualy with another comptible CPU

thanks for the heads up, i'd never have known.
after doing some research i found out my motherboard of choice does support the FX8350 on the stock bios.

how i know?
well i checked on the website and the required bios version the fx8350 needs is 702.

i checked the stock bios from my seller (on ebay) and assuming SB means Stock bios then the bios version is SB710 (Stock bios 710 or as stated: AMD 760G SB710) which means my CPU Is supported, unless im missing something here.

EDIT: It Means Southbridge -_- unless the number means the version,then my cpu is still supported. im confused... someone help please?
Related resources
December 9, 2012 1:57:02 PM

well if that is correct what he writed ok then if not bad but i reccomend 990FX chipset and WHY THE *** you buy from ebay?
December 9, 2012 1:58:48 PM

Flomps you can do INFINITELY better for that money.
December 9, 2012 1:59:38 PM

another true
December 9, 2012 2:00:44 PM

Get like a 3570k and a 7870 at that price and perform 2x better and kinda on par- slightly lower in the other things. You won't be able to max out hardly ANY games with a 7770.
December 9, 2012 2:01:48 PM

I'll tots put together a build for your if you're still watching this thread xD
December 9, 2012 2:04:26 PM

HD 7770 for max settings? You would want/need a 78xx or better.
160GB hard drive? Are these videos.... shorts??? HAHA.
Buy two drives, a main for OS/programs and a "scratch drive" thats 2TB.
750W PSU is overkill, so unless it was about the same price as say a 550W or 600W, save money here.

use this too: http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/
December 9, 2012 2:06:18 PM

i5 3570k
NZXT Crafted tempest 410 I think it's called
Cooler master hyper 212 evo
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Corsair CX750 (To enable later crossfire if you want, if not, get a cx650 or sumthin)
1x 8GB corsair 9 l, 1.5v, 1600mhz. like 38 bucks or somethin, idk how many pounds. add another stick later for 16 gigs. 8gigs is MORE than enough for hard gaming.
Any HDD of your preference, I'd go with 500gb caviar blue.
Radeon HD 7870 Twin Frozr Ghz Addition.
erm, did i miss anything?
December 9, 2012 2:08:37 PM

That's what I suggest. should max out bf3 at like 60 or so fps. also any processor that costs 100+ should do fine in video editing. Hyperthreading of an i7 and the extra cpu power of an AMD chip (they're so so gaming tho) just aren't needed unless you're doing hardcore stuff like 3D rendering. 16GB of ram is also useless atm. With that setup You can easily add another 8 gigs of ram, an SSD, another 7870 for crossfire... Plenty of room for upgrades. didn't check exact price but I have almost the exact same build and it clocked in at like 1050. so you should be cool.
December 9, 2012 2:12:22 PM

LagerLV said:
well if that is correct what he writed ok then if not bad but i reccomend 990FX chipset and WHY THE *** you buy from ebay?

ill buy from amazon instead

Flomps you can do INFINITELY better for that money. said:
Flomps you can do INFINITELY better for that money.

what do you suggest? im keeping the motherboard,ram and cpu. i dont see how you can keep the price 687 pounds. i spent months on the build. id love too see what improvements you can make.
December 9, 2012 2:13:50 PM

okay, people posted about 10 posts in the time it took me to reply.
ill go looking
December 9, 2012 2:16:52 PM

Flomps get what I suggested. trust me. I have it. it's great. all reliable. best for your money right now. And buy from amazong.uk or somethin'. Newegg really should ship to europe :p 
December 9, 2012 2:23:00 PM

7870 GPU is pretty much best card for the money on the market atm. My friend has a 7770 and an fx 4100 and maxes out minecraft at like 120+ fps if that's the game you're going for. 7770 will struggle on med-low settings on games like BF3 and crysis 2/the upcoming crysis 3
December 9, 2012 2:27:32 PM

Zed_Spooge said:
That's what I suggest. should max out bf3 at like 60 or so fps. also any processor that costs 100+ should do fine in video editing. Hyperthreading of an i7 and the extra cpu power of an AMD chip (they're so so gaming tho) just aren't needed unless you're doing hardcore stuff like 3D rendering. 16GB of ram is also useless atm. With that setup You can easily add another 8 gigs of ram, an SSD, another 7870 for crossfire... Plenty of room for upgrades. didn't check exact price but I have almost the exact same build and it clocked in at like 1050. so you should be cool.

im not moving over to intel, because
1.i have pure hatred for them which i cant explain.
2.the fx 88350 will do me fine for now.
3.ill get the GPU
4.you see i need that much ram because:
ill be running 2 public servers for minecraft (1 for normal, 1 for tekkit) 2 gigs each, (4 gigs each when its lagging)
many tabs of google chrome open, and an FPS or something on, along with some video editing and so. infact i do shorts.

EDIT: im having trouble keeping up with your posting :p 

i really dont want to switch cpu's however ill upgrade my gpu
December 9, 2012 2:36:19 PM

dude 8 gigs will be fine for that. just saying, and you can always add another 8 gig stick later. SWITCH TO INTEL. I loveeee AMD chips and their price/performance, but after like 140 their processors are just kinda pointless. get the i5 you'll be MUCH happier. everything is cleaner with Intel chips too. and that mobo looks totally stylin cx get the PSU i suggested too if it works with AMD stuff. also, kind of a for my information thing, are you getting an ssd?
December 9, 2012 2:38:18 PM

even BF3 probably won't use more than 4. gigs if you don't have AA on, and AA is useless anyway, so. So let's assume you're playing cod on max settings. 2 gigs + 2 gigs + 2 gigs + .5 gigs for browser. that leaves you 1.5 gigs leftover for background tasks and leeway.
December 9, 2012 2:41:18 PM

How about this one? Just off the top off my head.
Any edits welcome.

Intel i5 3470 (OC to 4GHz)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-I5-3470-Processor-3-20GHZ...
G.Skill 8GB RAM Kit (2x4 GB) 1600MHz
http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Skill-Ripjaws-Sandybridge-Pla...
Or, if you prefer Corsair, Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 8GB 1600MHz
http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Skill-Ripjaws-Sandybridge-Pla...
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cooler (can handle almost anything)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Hyper-Blade-120mm...
ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Motherboard-CrossFireX-Int...
Theres a basket of a CPU, a RAM kit, and this motherboard available on its page, if you prefer that. The CPUs slightly faster, but the kit costs a bit more.
Corsair GS600 PSU
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-GS600-Gaming-Series-Bro...
Sapphire Radeon 7850 2GB OCed
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11200-14-20G-Card-HD78...
WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-1TB-Hard-Drive/...

Total Price - ~605 pounds.
December 9, 2012 2:41:56 PM

I see this ALL the time on forums and it pisses me off. If anyone is familiar with tek syndicate, CAN YOU BELIEVE FANBOYISM LEAD TO SOMEONE GETTING A 6950 > 660TI. get the BEST not your FAVORITE. Intel CPU's and AMD GPU's. that's whatsup cx

fanboyism is bad mkay.
December 9, 2012 2:42:57 PM

nanzer lesser GPU and CPU. :p 
December 9, 2012 2:44:01 PM

stop posting so much use edit botton or i report you to tomshardware moderators! and there is no talking about fanboyism
December 9, 2012 2:44:34 PM

the performance gain on cpu's after 200 dollars is too damn low! raging about i7s atm. ;w;
December 9, 2012 2:47:35 PM

Lager LV NO. EDITING IS STUPID. Once you edit something someone else posts over it and it doesn't get seen. It's not like I'm spamming to bump this, it's getting posted on super fast anyway. I have multiple accounts on tomshardware I use for different things (I.E. Helping, asking for help, starting threads [those three]) so if you report me and i get banned or whatever it doesn't even matter, because I'm a low rank atm and I have other accounts. If I get IP banned that's dumb because I can just change my IP/check my hosts file and be back in a day. save your reports for spammers and people who are actually bad. Fanboyism is a real issue isee on here every day. IT NEEDS. TO BE. DISCUSSED.
December 9, 2012 2:50:42 PM

Reported to mods for multiple accounts and spamming in post! GJ for saying multiple accs
December 9, 2012 2:59:06 PM

I don't care? I have multiple accounts, did you not see that part? WHY ARE YOU REPORTING ME LOL. It's not like I'm a bad person. I Just know people don't take you seriously when you have to ask for help to, so I have an account for asking for help, an account for helping people, and an account for starting interesting threads. Not revealing any of those names, but still. If you ban this account all you're doing is having 1 less person willing to help on tomshardware. If i get banned I will spam the everloving nuggets out of this forum, because banning me is stupid. And your profile picture is skrillex, I can't take you seriously.
December 9, 2012 2:59:43 PM

how about we focus on the topic at hand here?
also the reason im getting an FX 8350 is because i like them, they fare better then the I5 in bench marks and are on par\slightly sub par with the i7 in multi threading.

also reporting aint cool, although its the rules? (not sure), and on ANOTHER note, i read edits, as long as they have EDIT: infront
December 9, 2012 3:01:32 PM

No they are not. They are BETTER than i7's in some things, but they're all useless things. In game and i5 3570k is your absolute best bet. I put EDIT: and if any other edits after I put ALSO:. but most people dont, they just check to see if there's any new posts then read the new ones. :p  and that's kinda how I talk. just burst out bits until I'm done. It can be annoying but at least I try.
December 9, 2012 3:03:02 PM

Zed_Spooge said:
I don't care? I have multiple accounts, did you not see that part? WHY ARE YOU REPORTING ME LOL. It's not like I'm a bad person. I Just know people don't take you seriously when you have to ask for help to, so I have an account for asking for help, an account for helping people, and an account for starting interesting threads. Not revealing any of those names, but still. If you ban this account all you're doing is having 1 less person willing to help on tomshardware. If i get banned I will spam the everloving nuggets out of this forum, because banning me is stupid. And your profile picture is skrillex, I can't take you seriously.

spamming aint an answer to anything, by the way i have settled on my build. its the same except for a 7870 instead of a 7770
December 9, 2012 3:03:12 PM

And guy, bumping is also against the rules but pretty much everyone does it. Reporting a person who's helping is being so responsible. not.
December 9, 2012 3:03:49 PM

Flomps link me to the mobo you got?
and psu? the psu you selected is a piece of crap imo. cx
EDIT: (just for you, butthead) ALSO, sometimes the reason I burst out info like that is because if you don't get it out fast someone else will post before you and you wont see it while you're writing, so you could theoretically write a 2 page essay on something, then find out it's been said already by the time you post it. :p 
December 9, 2012 3:05:40 PM

Zed_Spooge said:
No they are not. They are BETTER than i7's in some things, but they're all useless things. In game and i5 3570k is your absolute best bet. I put EDIT: and if any other edits after I put ALSO:. but most people dont, they just check to see if there's any new posts then read the new ones. :p  and that's kinda how I talk. just burst out bits until I'm done. It can be annoying but at least I try.

im not losing much, mabye 10 pound for twice as many cores (albeit shared resources) and multithreading
December 9, 2012 3:07:36 PM

NO LOL. Cores don't help at all with anything you're doing, and that AMD processor only actually has 4 cores. :p 
December 9, 2012 3:08:59 PM

Hey Flomps did you read what I said about the hard drives?
December 9, 2012 3:09:44 PM

Zed_Spooge said:
Flomps link me to the mobo you got?
and psu? the psu you selected is a piece of crap imo. cx
EDIT: (just for you, butthead) ALSO, sometimes the reason I burst out info like that is because if you don't get it out fast someone else will post before you and you wont see it while you're writing, so you could theoretically write a 2 page essay on something, then find out it's been said already by the time you post it. :p 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-M5A78L-M-Motherboard-Socke...

you calls me a butthead, well if you did then... then... your a butthead ALSO :lol: 
December 9, 2012 3:12:10 PM

I was talking about whatshisface that "reported" me. LOL UR GETIGN REP0TTR -_-

DUDE GET A BETTER MOBO THAN THAT OMG XDD
for your budget, if you went with what i posted, you will be literally 300x happier with your system. trust me.
December 9, 2012 3:12:11 PM

skidawgz said:
Hey Flomps did you read what I said about the hard drives?

ive decided i wont get an ssd but instead the 7200 RPM 1tb hard drive
December 9, 2012 3:14:40 PM

Zed_Spooge said:
NO LOL. Cores don't help at all with anything you're doing, and that AMD processor only actually has 4 cores. :p 

it says 8 core so there!
December 9, 2012 3:15:29 PM

No it's 4 cores, they're divided into 2 each. kinda hard to explain and i don't know the technical term, but it's not actually 8 cores xD
December 9, 2012 3:17:40 PM

Zed_Spooge said:
I was talking about whatshisface that "reported" me. LOL UR GETIGN REP0TTR -_-

DUDE GET A BETTER MOBO THAN THAT OMG XDD
for your budget, if you went with what i posted, you will be literally 300x happier with your system. trust me.

whats wrong with my mobo
December 9, 2012 3:18:39 PM

It's low grade for your other parts. get a, like, 80-90 "pound" one. (130 USD is what I'm basing that off of.. am I close?)
December 9, 2012 3:21:48 PM

Woah dude i just realised how OP of a system you can get for 1100 USD and 700 pounds if you don't need an operating system. Do you need an operating system? ;w;
EDIT: JUST IN CASE you don't know operating system = os = windows 7 windows 8 windows xp mac OSX or linux. or dos but i don't suggest dos. dos is ghey.
ALSO: I suggest windows 7. 8 is also ghey and like nothing is compatible yet.
ALSO AGAIN: I DO "NOT" SUGGEST YOU PIRATE WINDOWS 7. "NOT" PIRATING WINDOWS 7 IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO. PIRATING WINDOWS 7 IS WHAT YOU SHOULD "NOT" DO.
December 9, 2012 3:33:06 PM

Okay here's what I put together for 1000 bucks. You should be able to buy windows 7 oem and install it if you're A GOOD PERSON AND "DONT" PIRATE IT. and still be within budget 7970 video card + 1TB storage. will max out literally everything that's not stupid slow like the witcher 2 and metro 2033
EDIT: woops forgot to include the link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zed_Spooge/saved/#savedbui...
December 9, 2012 3:45:54 PM

Zed_Spooge said:
Okay here's what I put together for 1000 bucks. You should be able to buy windows 7 oem and install it if you're A GOOD PERSON AND "DONT" PIRATE IT. and still be within budget 7970 video card + 1TB storage. will max out literally everything that's not stupid slow like the witcher 2 and metro 2033
EDIT: woops forgot to include the link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zed_Spooge/saved/#savedbui...

i get your message i think. dont worry. im "NOT" torrenting windows 7 ultimate right now. and i "DONT" have pirate windows 7 home premium on a dvd anyway. i "WILL" get oem.
December 9, 2012 3:47:05 PM

p.s: im not a complete noob. i know what an OS is. im a developer god dammit :D 
December 9, 2012 3:50:37 PM

Okay. well, happy building! Assuming you checked out the pcpartpicker link I sent you xD
December 9, 2012 4:03:48 PM

Zed_Spooge said:
Okay. well, happy building! Assuming you checked out the pcpartpicker link I sent you xD

can i make some changes? well too bad. its my money
CPU: A M FRIGGIN D AMD AMD AMD AMD FX PILEDRIVER 8 COREZ 8 8 8 8 8 FX 8 (EIGHT) 3 (THREE) 50 (FIFTY)

mobo: i like the asus M5a-whatsit.

ram: 16gb 1866mhz corsir vengeance
the other things you reccomend i shall keep
there you go.
December 9, 2012 4:08:23 PM

LOL okay. the ram clocked that high won't make a huge difference since you'll be running off a dedicated gpu and not IG, so 1600mhz should be fine if you wanna save some money. that fx IS 4 cores tho, fyi. It just has like, amd's version of hyper threading to get 8 virtual cores. should be hella speedy with the 7970 tho! ^-^
December 9, 2012 4:13:47 PM

stop spamming or m gona get serious contact to tomshardware administration so they ban all your accounts in IP and names you just creating points for you to get rank that dont eaven do anthing jus to show people that yo i have expert you have youngster haha!That dont give anything JUS TUSE EDIT DONT POST SO MUCH
December 9, 2012 4:18:44 PM

Stop trolling and go away.
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest
!