Solved

Best video card for my CPU?

Hello,

I have an AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE and I was wondering which cards could have great performance (gaming wise) with it. I don't intend on upgrading my CPU to Intel at the moment.

My PSU is a Corsair 750w.
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best video card
  1. I am getting an AMD 7850 tomorrow and for the price/performance/power ratio it is awesome. What is your budget?
  2. You've not specified your budget; I'm assuming $200; maybe a little more?
    Among the highest bang/buck cards right now are the HD7850 and HD7870. They are not power hogs, run well at stock but also overclock well, and do not generate a lot of heat. You could run two of either on your current PSU.
  3. jay2577 said:
    I am getting an AMD 7850 tomorrow and for the price/performance/power ratio it is awesome. What is your budget?

I was looking into that as well because of its price and great reviews. My price would be about $250-$300.
    If I get the extremely good cards like GTX 670-680 or Radeon 7970, it will be bottlenecked due to my CPU.
  4. It might bottleneck in some games but it would be ready to put into a new system at some point if you are thinking of upgrading your motherboard, cpu later on.
    What speed it your phenom 2? Is it overclocked?
  5. Ah i just read that you don't want to upgrade at the moment. sorry.
    I think the 7850 2gb would be awesome for you and they use less electricity than the nvidia.
  6. Maybe the 7870. it's your decision but they are both awesome
  7. jay2577 said:
    Ah i just read that you don't want to upgrade at the moment. sorry.
    I think the 7850 2gb would be awesome for you and they use less electricity than the nvidia.

May I ask which company you are using for the 7850? GIGABYTE, MSI, SAPPHIRE Etc.

My CPU is factory stocked at 3.4GHz
  8. Best answer
    I am using MSI as it's on sale with an awesome cooler

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-154-MS&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=411

I am in the UK though so don't know if it's available where you are. It looks good though
  9. You can run a 7870 with that CPU easily and maybe overclock it a bit if you want. Your PSU is easily able to do that. Just watch the temps
  10. Overclock your CPU i meant
  11. I run an MSI 7850 and used to have it paired with a 965be clocked to 4ghz. Its a great gpu and probably the best bang for your buck in the industry right now. I run it on a Xeon now, but I love it and recommend the MSI for great overclocking and a very quiet, cool heatsink. Sapphire is another good brand that I have used in the past.
  12. jay2577 said:
    I am using MSI as it's on sale with an awesome cooler

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-154-MS&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=411

I am in the UK though so don't know if it's available where you are. It looks good though

Thanks, I think I'll be going with either the 7850 or 7870 depending which is at my local store :)
  13. Best answer selected by lolbot15.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards CPUs Graphics Product