Sign in with
Your question

Game keeps crashing after installation of card & drivers...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 20, 2012 12:52:58 AM

Hey guys, i JUST got my video card from newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Anyways, i installed everything with no issues (including amd drivers). I get to a game, then it CRASHES and freezes up. I had to ctrl + alt + del to log off and log back in. it works perfectly fine now, but just in game it stops. could you guys help? this is really weird.
October 20, 2012 1:15:17 AM

solved my own problem. i overclocked it too high, therefore causing it to shut down or something. its at its default clock speed, but its kicking all my games' butts' so far on highest settings running at +60 FPS on a 1360x768 resolution. Sorry about my incompetence, i'm just learning my card just like i did with my CPU.
m
l
a c 108 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
October 20, 2012 1:38:56 AM

you just purchased an over clocked card that won't run at the factory settings... ???? send the card back and get one that doesn't crash at the specified settings. before you know it it'll be crashing at "stock" settings.

put a mark on it somewhere with a sharpee ( marker ) in an inconspicuous spot before sending back so you don't get the same one back.
m
l
Related resources
October 20, 2012 2:44:57 AM

swifty_morgan said:
you just purchased an over clocked card that won't run at the factory settings... ???? send the card back and get one that doesn't crash at the specified settings. before you know it it'll be crashing at "stock" settings.

put a mark on it somewhere with a sharpee ( marker ) in an inconspicuous spot before sending back so you don't get the same one back.

it works fine now with overclocking. i guess it was just a minor glitch. thanks for the support, though. marking the card is a smart idea btw. ;) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 20, 2012 2:46:48 AM

swifty_morgan is true, if it was factory O.C -ed card that cannot run stable out of the box (not as it advertaised) then u had rights to claim/replace with another card that stable...

If it was your own O.C then it all good to go...:D 
m
l
!