Buying in a week or so, need final conformation

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
im buying the parts to build my dad a computer in a week or so, and wanted to know what you guys thinked of it. this computer will be really low end, as the only thing my dad will use it for is taxes and some light browsing. no gaming or music.

this is what i have put together. i already have a monitor at home, so this is just the computer. if anybody is going to recommend parts, my budget is only $400

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rEma

hugh117

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
Why dont you get a cheaper case and use the money you save to get some better components, Also as your on such a limited budget you may want to look at some AMD proccessors such as the A series

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

that is basically the cheapest case i could find. also this is one of my first builds (2nd actually) and last time i got a cheapo case and i took hours to install everything cuz i didn't come with some screws, and the metal was cheap quality. i dont want that to happen again.

with my CPU, is there a huge difference in performance between the one i have and the AMD A series? if there is can you recommend an AMD because i am not very familiar with AMD processors.

Goodeggray

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
The build you have pick will more than meet the needs of you father. If he wants more video performance you can add a $30 video card. The most you can save on a cheaper case is $30, but the Cosair 200r will make the build so much easier on you. Some people over look the value of a good case. You have learned that lesson.

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

thanks for the help, but im just going to stick with my build because if i got an AMD procesor i would need to get a different mobo that supported that processor

gommer556

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

thanks, yeah that first case was a nightmare. but i actually got it working so im happy.