Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilbookworm

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Okay, so I am trying to get my laptop to output video and sound through a rather nice TV. THe laptop, however, doesn't have a HDMI port. I have a vga port on the laptop (and a monitor extension cord) and a Y cable that plugs in one side to the microphone/headphone port, the other to the red and white cables of a s-video system. However, I'm having problems using both at once, since the tv is either on vga (video but no sound) or video 1 (sound but no video). Is there a way around this, or should I buy a VGA to s-video adapter? I'm quite leery of such things as the majority of them I've found seem either hideously expensive, or very cheap with horrible reviews.

Solution
There should be a dedicated set of audio input ports (Red/White) next to the PC-VGA input on the TV. Make sure you are using those inputs. Check your manual to see which audio inputs are associated with the PC input.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
There should be a dedicated set of audio input ports (Red/White) next to the PC-VGA input on the TV. Make sure you are using those inputs. Check your manual to see which audio inputs are associated with the PC input.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.