Sign in with
Your question
Closed

[Graphics] ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics has been disabled

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 20, 2012 2:46:43 AM

I go to run>devmgmt.msc and am shown that "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" (ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics) Below that is my ATI Radeon HD 5450.

Beyond having Windows look for a solution, I'm unsure of what to do. A little information: my computer has been pretty noisy the past couple of months and I believe it's because of problems with the fan on the actual graphics card. If that's true, should I replace my graphics card/fan?

But my big concern is that does this mean my computer has been over-working itself to handle the graphics I put it through because of the failure of this device?
October 21, 2012 4:26:32 AM

Before junking the card, try a couple things...

First, uninstall the graphics driver, reboot, and run Driver Sweeper from Safe Mode. Have it remove any Nvidia, AMD, ATI graphic driver remnants it finds. Re-boot and install the latest driver for your card and O/S.
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.h...

Second, run Driver Sweeper to clean your system of registry errors, junk files and other crap wasting resources. Do the Clean and the Registry both.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Score
October 22, 2012 4:10:24 AM

Thank you! I'll try all your suggestions ASAP and hopefully see some progress. By the way, I upgraded my ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card to a HD 6770 and the noise is completely gone. But the error for the ATI Radeon 3000 (nonHD) still shows up. Hopefully what you suggested fixes that small problem.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

October 22, 2012 7:52:30 PM

iHyphyNinja said:
Thank you! I'll try all your suggestions ASAP and hopefully see some progress. By the way, I upgraded my ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card to a HD 6770 and the noise is completely gone. But the error for the ATI Radeon 3000 (nonHD) still shows up. Hopefully what you suggested fixes that small problem.

Your ATI Radeon 3000 is the integrated graphic solution, which you're not using. You shouldn't even have its driver installed since you're using a discrete card. Go to device manager and locate the properties for the ATI Radeon 3000. Under the Driver Tab, you'll be able to disable or uninstall the driver for it. You don't need it with a discrete card. If you ever remove the discrete card, Windows will load a generic driver for your integrated.

October 29, 2012 7:24:26 PM

Best answer selected by iHyphyNinja.
Score
!