Sign in with
Your question

Help with wiring and cable management on new build?

Last response: in Systems
December 9, 2012 4:38:24 PM

Build:
Case: HAF 922
MoBo: ASRock Extreme 4 Z77
HDD: Toshiba 1TB
SSD: Crucial m4 128GB

So recently I decided I would take the plunge and buy the parts to build a gaming PC. I got all the parts this week and finally got around to building it yesterday. I used this tutorial since it was my first build. I got through the external build with minimal problems and everything worked fine. I got the splash screen and the post beep. My troubles started when I started the wiring and cable management process in the case. I got as far as mounting the motherboard and then I started to get confused. On my HAF 922 I couldn't find which cables to wire. I had trouble in wiring pretty much everything connected to the MoBo. I have a few questions about what to do. My first is how do I plug in the fans to my particular MoBo? I tried plugging it into my PSU with the only cable I had that looked like it would fit. Someone told me that I could plug them into the motherboard but I can't find where I would. I think it has something to do with a Molex plug and if needed I could always just buy a replacement. Also, when I was mounting my motherboard I noticed that it was looser on some parts. It's hard to explain, but it seems like there's more room between the mother board and the cases at some parts. Lastly, I was wondering what would be the easiest/best way to manage the cables in my specific case. When I get home, I'll put a picture of everything I have to use for the build. Also, I'll update the thread. if more problems arise. All help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Ryan

Question in short:
How do I plug in everything?
December 9, 2012 5:22:54 PM

"Also, when I was mounting my motherboard I noticed that it was looser on some parts. It's hard to explain, but it seems like there's more room between the mother board and the cases at some parts."

I was a bit concerned about this statement. Are you using "stand-offs" between the case and motherboard?
m
l
!