Playing with rtcw full on demo servers ?

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Hi,

Is it possible to play with RTCW Full version on demo servers ?

Bye,
Skybuck.
14 answers Last reply
More about playing rtcw full demo servers
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 02:06:51 +0100, Skybuck Flying wrote:

    > Is it possible to play with RTCW Full version on demo servers ?

    I'm not certain, but I think so.

    Wouldn't it be quicker to just try it, instead of asking in here???

    Linux Registered User #327951
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 02:06:51 +0100, Skybuck Flying wrote:
    >
    >> Is it possible to play with RTCW Full version on demo servers ?
    >
    > I'm not certain, but I think so.
    >
    > Wouldn't it be quicker to just try it, instead of asking in here???

    This is Skybuck - he doesn't have the full version (which is strange,
    because he has pirated copies of other games and makes no attempt to hide
    it).

    No, the full version will not play on demo servers.

    1) The full version is on v1.41, and demo is v1.0, so anyone who has patched
    (and if they haven't they're really limiting themselves to a tiny number of
    servers) wouldn't even if it was possible

    2) The demo files are different to the full version files, so it wouldn't
    work anyway

    Dan
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
    > "Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> wrote in message
    > > On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 02:06:51 +0100, Skybuck Flying wrote:
    > >
    > >> Is it possible to play with RTCW Full version on demo servers ?
    > >
    > > I'm not certain, but I think so.
    > >
    > > Wouldn't it be quicker to just try it, instead of asking in here???
    >
    > This is Skybuck - he doesn't have the full version (which is strange,
    > because he has pirated copies of other games and makes no attempt to hide
    > it).
    >
    > No, the full version will not play on demo servers.
    >
    > 1) The full version is on v1.41, and demo is v1.0, so anyone who has
    patched
    > (and if they haven't they're really limiting themselves to a tiny number
    of
    > servers) wouldn't even if it was possible

    Oh yeah right... that's logical different protocols... though maybe the
    retail version could fall back to the demo protocol... anyway I can vaguely
    remember playing with retail on a demo server once... ;)

    > 2) The demo files are different to the full version files, so it wouldn't
    > work anyway

    Well I have some good news.

    Check out this:

    Project Wolf 1.0

    and

    Hooney Bunny Skin

    Project Wolf 1.0 is simply the RTCW MP Demo I think with modified files. It
    allows one to play on demo server and have extra maps and skins !!! ;)

    I even made a website today to show one cool skin ;)

    Check it out:

    http://skybuck.freewebpage.org

    Enjoy ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:10:07 +0100, Skybuck Flying wrote:

    > I even made a website today to show one cool skin ;)
    > Check it out:

    LOL, "this account suspended"... You friggin moron.

    Linux Registered User #327951
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Skybuck Flying" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> "Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> wrote in message

    >> > I'm not certain, but I think so.
    >> >
    >> > Wouldn't it be quicker to just try it, instead of asking in here???
    >>
    >> This is Skybuck - he doesn't have the full version (which is strange,
    >> because he has pirated copies of other games and makes no attempt to hide
    >> it).
    >>
    >> No, the full version will not play on demo servers.
    >>
    >> 1) The full version is on v1.41, and demo is v1.0, so anyone who has
    > patched
    >> (and if they haven't they're really limiting themselves to a tiny number
    > of
    >> servers) wouldn't even if it was possible
    >
    > Oh yeah right... that's logical different protocols... though maybe the
    > retail version could fall back to the demo protocol... anyway I can
    > vaguely
    > remember playing with retail on a demo server once... ;)

    Yeah, right, whatever. The retail version won't even back down to previous
    retail versions, so your "vague memory" is more likely a dream.

    >> 2) The demo files are different to the full version files, so it wouldn't
    >> work anyway
    >
    > Well I have some good news.
    >
    > Check out this:
    >
    > Project Wolf 1.0

    That isn't the full version. But you go ahead and change the thread,
    wouldn't be the first time.

    Dan
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Skybuck Flying" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Oh yeah right... that's logical different protocols... though maybe the
    > retail version could fall back to the demo protocol... anyway I can
    > vaguely
    > remember playing with retail on a demo server once... ;)

    Well, just for the hell of it I tested it - my RtCW GOTY edition + 1.41
    patch trying to connect to a MP Demo server results in a "Server uses
    protocol 50" error and no connection. I really can't be bothered to clean
    install RtCW so it's unpatched to test it - it might work, it might not, but
    why would someone with full retail even want to bother playing just the
    beach map (in the unmodified demo server, I know it's possible to run custom
    maps on demo servers but that's little use to people who have the demo only)
    when they can play all the other ones too, and if they're up to 1.41 then
    they likely installed the GOTY map pack too giving them even more variety.
    And if they bought RtCW recently, it's pre-patched to 1.32 in the GOTY
    edition so it will never work with a demo server.

    Dan
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    > On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:10:07 +0100, Skybuck Flying wrote:
    >
    > > I even made a website today to show one cool skin ;)
    > > Check it out:
    >
    > LOL, "this account suspended"... You friggin moron.

    Hehe don't call me a moron I can't do much about that.

    It's a free website and it has limited capacity and that's the reason why it
    is suspended.

    I'll admit, I forgot to mention it in my reply.

    So it' reason number 2:

    1.. This account has been suspended because it has gone over the the
    bandwidth limit. The owner of this site has been sent a notice of this. You
    will be able to access this site starting tomorrow or next month, depending
    on the bandwidth over-usage of this site. However, note that if the
    bandwidth usage goes over the limit again in the future, this site will be
    disabled again for the rest of that period.
    I actually have a mirror somewhere else ;) which can also overload lol..

    But I will keep that a secret for now... since I just told the "community"
    where I always play about it so they might have a chance of actually viewing
    some stuff...

    Now if you want....

    IF YOU REALLY REALLY REAAAALLLYYYYYY WANT TO SEE NICE RTCW BABES YOU COULD
    BE CONSTRUCTIVE AND HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

    BY PROVIDING ME WITH MIRROR SPACE AND CAPACITY HIHIHIHIHIHIHI.

    Yup that would be something =D BABES BABES BABES

    Actually I plan on making more screenshots of another female skin pack which
    are a bit more nerdy and a bit more real and the best thing is it also has
    all voice menu command replaced with a woman voice but I am thinking about
    merging the two packs or maybe renaming them so the order is different so
    that might work as wel... ;) I think/hope merging the sound of the first
    pack with the visual of the second pack won't be a big problem ;)

    LOL I just had another idea...

    You could just download Project Wolf 1.0 which is 170 MB and the skin which
    is 11.5 MB or so.

    Instead of downloading 11.5 MB of screenshots and then you can play for
    yourself and see unless you dont want to play ofcourse hehehe.

    Though I would lovvvvee to have more webspace and more capacity ;) :D

    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-byeee,
    Skybuck ! :D
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 00:09:42 +0100, Skybuck Flying wrote:

    > IF YOU REALLY REALLY REAAAALLLYYYYYY WANT TO SEE NICE RTCW BABES YOU
    > COULD BE CONSTRUCTIVE AND HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

    OK, now that it's clear you are a 14-year old, your babbling makes a
    little more sense.

    > Actually I plan on making more screenshots of another female skin pack
    > which are a bit more nerdy and a bit more real and the best thing is it
    > also has all voice menu command replaced with a woman voice but I am

    Do you REALLY think anyone (besides you and your 2 friends) would actually
    care about something like this? Get a clue.

    Linux Registered User #327951
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    > "Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> wrote in message
    > > On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:10:07 +0100, Skybuck Flying wrote:
    > >
    > > > I even made a website today to show one cool skin ;)
    > > > Check it out:
    > >
    > > LOL, "this account suspended"... You friggin moron.
    >
    > Hehe don't call me a moron I can't do much about that.
    >
    > It's a free website and it has limited capacity and that's the reason why
    it
    > is suspended.
    >
    > I'll admit, I forgot to mention it in my reply.
    >
    > So it' reason number 2:
    >
    > 1.. This account has been suspended because it has gone over the the
    > bandwidth limit. The owner of this site has been sent a notice of this.
    You
    > will be able to access this site starting tomorrow or next month,
    depending
    > on the bandwidth over-usage of this site. However, note that if the
    > bandwidth usage goes over the limit again in the future, this site will be
    > disabled again for the rest of that period.
    > I actually have a mirror somewhere else ;) which can also overload lol..
    >
    > But I will keep that a secret for now... since I just told the "community"
    > where I always play about it so they might have a chance of actually
    viewing
    > some stuff...
    >
    > Now if you want....
    >
    > IF YOU REALLY REALLY REAAAALLLYYYYYY WANT TO SEE NICE RTCW BABES YOU COULD
    > BE CONSTRUCTIVE AND HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D
    >
    > BY PROVIDING ME WITH MIRROR SPACE AND CAPACITY HIHIHIHIHIHIHI.
    >
    > Yup that would be something =D BABES BABES BABES
    >
    > Actually I plan on making more screenshots of another female skin pack
    which
    > are a bit more nerdy and a bit more real and the best thing is it also has
    > all voice menu command replaced with a woman voice but I am thinking about
    > merging the two packs or maybe renaming them so the order is different so
    > that might work as wel... ;) I think/hope merging the sound of the first
    > pack with the visual of the second pack won't be a big problem ;)
    >
    > LOL I just had another idea...
    >
    > You could just download Project Wolf 1.0 which is 170 MB and the skin
    which
    > is 11.5 MB or so.
    >
    > Instead of downloading 11.5 MB of screenshots and then you can play for
    > yourself and see unless you dont want to play ofcourse hehehe.
    >
    > Though I would lovvvvee to have more webspace and more capacity ;) :D
    >
    > B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-byeee,
    > Skybuck ! :D

    Www.photobucket.com

    Moron.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    > I play demo mostly because of
    >
    > 1. The players (mostly the same)
    > 2. The server (always the same)
    > 3. The level (mp_beach great level always the same)
    > 4. No loading <- non stop action yeah ! =D LOVELY SLURP :P*

    What happened to

    5. I'm too poor to buy the full game

    After all, you wasted your money on that FX5200 to run in your PIII 450Mhz
    PC, didn't you :P Maybe you can save up some more pocket money.

    Dan
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 07:19:25 +0000, Spack wrote:

    >> I play demo mostly because of
    >>
    >> 1. The players (mostly the same)
    >> 2. The server (always the same)
    >> 3. The level (mp_beach great level always the same)
    >> 4. No loading <- non stop action yeah ! =D LOVELY SLURP :P*

    > What happened to
    > 5. I'm too poor to buy the full game

    Hehe, there is the *truth* of this whole matter, right there.

    > After all, you wasted your money on that FX5200 to run in your PIII 450Mhz
    > PC, didn't you :P Maybe you can save up some more pocket money.

    LOL !

    > On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 07:19:25 +0000, Spack wrote:
    >
    > >> I play demo mostly because of
    > >>
    > >> 1. The players (mostly the same)
    > >> 2. The server (always the same)
    > >> 3. The level (mp_beach great level always the same)
    > >> 4. No loading <- non stop action yeah ! =D LOVELY SLURP :P*
    >
    > > What happened to
    > > 5. I'm too poor to buy the full game
    >
    > Hehe, there is the *truth* of this whole matter, right there.

    Nope, since the full game conflicts with reasons 1,2,3 amd 4 DUH money has
    nothing to do with it ;)
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    > "Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> wrote in message

    >> > What happened to
    >> > 5. I'm too poor to buy the full game
    >>
    >> Hehe, there is the *truth* of this whole matter, right there.
    >
    > Nope, since the full game conflicts with reasons 1,2,3 amd 4 DUH money has
    > nothing to do with it ;)

    No it doesn't, you can install both the demo and the full game on the same
    PC, I did this when RtCW first came out and I was running the [AGW] RtCW
    full version server, and still playing on the odd demo server with some
    friends at work who hadn't bought the game.

    Dan
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "LiGhTnInG"
    <samholt2710@++++++++++++removeallofthis+++++++++++++hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:33s3i9F3vr2r6U1@individual.net...

    > "Skybuck Flying" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> wrote in message

    > > > LOL, "this account suspended"... You friggin moron.
    > >
    > > Hehe don't call me a moron I can't do much about that.
    > >
    > > It's a free website and it has limited capacity and that's the reason
    why
    > it
    > > is suspended.
    > >
    > > I'll admit, I forgot to mention it in my reply.
    > >
    > > So it' reason number 2:
    > >
    > > 1.. This account has been suspended because it has gone over the the
    > > bandwidth limit. The owner of this site has been sent a notice of this.
    > You
    > > will be able to access this site starting tomorrow or next month,
    > depending
    > > on the bandwidth over-usage of this site. However, note that if the
    > > bandwidth usage goes over the limit again in the future, this site will
    be
    > > disabled again for the rest of that period.
    > > I actually have a mirror somewhere else ;) which can also overload lol..
    > >
    > > But I will keep that a secret for now... since I just told the
    "community"
    > > where I always play about it so they might have a chance of actually
    > viewing
    > > some stuff...
    > >
    > > Now if you want....
    > >
    > > IF YOU REALLY REALLY REAAAALLLYYYYYY WANT TO SEE NICE RTCW BABES YOU
    COULD
    > > BE CONSTRUCTIVE AND HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D
    > >
    > > BY PROVIDING ME WITH MIRROR SPACE AND CAPACITY HIHIHIHIHIHIHI.
    > >
    > > Yup that would be something =D BABES BABES BABES
    > >
    > > Actually I plan on making more screenshots of another female skin pack
    > which
    > > are a bit more nerdy and a bit more real and the best thing is it also
    has
    > > all voice menu command replaced with a woman voice but I am thinking
    about
    > > merging the two packs or maybe renaming them so the order is different
    so
    > > that might work as wel... ;) I think/hope merging the sound of the
    first
    > > pack with the visual of the second pack won't be a big problem ;)
    > >
    > > LOL I just had another idea...
    > >
    > > You could just download Project Wolf 1.0 which is 170 MB and the skin
    > which
    > > is 11.5 MB or so.
    > >
    > > Instead of downloading 11.5 MB of screenshots and then you can play for
    > > yourself and see unless you dont want to play ofcourse hehehe.
    > >
    > > Though I would lovvvvee to have more webspace and more capacity ;) :D
    > >
    > > B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-byeee,
    > > Skybuck ! :D
    > >
    > Www.photobucket.com
    >
    > Moron.

    Thx Moron,

    I place the nice hot honey bunny pictures on photobucket.com and placed the
    html files on one of my other sites and directly linked to it which is
    allowed ;)

    So here is the link... (I wonder how long it will take this time before the
    bandwidth is gone ;))

    http://coolingfanboycott.freewebspace.com/RTCWMPDemoHoneyBunnySkin/RTCWMPDemoHoneyBunnySkin.htm

    ( I also uploaded some female default skin pictures but I still need to make
    a little website for it because I like to place comments with the pictures
    otherwise it's just a bit to boring... etc... )

    Have a nice day and ejoy... ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

Games Servers Video Games