soline

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Hello! Recently I installed a new motherboard, cpu and ram.

After I did this my GPU has been making alot more noise when I play world of warcraft on "Good" resolution (Thats like 6 on a scale to 10) As soon as I go into World of Warcraft log in screen it imidietly goes up in fan speed and becomes loud (even though there is no hardcore graphics to be displayed yet)

When I switched those components I also put it in another case, can this have anything to do with the noise? I mean can cases have effect on whether its noisy or not.

Thanks

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
the menu screen in games often is taxing on the videocard. thats not uncommon. it doesnt look like its hard to render but often theres no limit on the fps.

a case can make a difference on noise because if it isnt as well ventilated it causes the parts (gpu) to run hotter which causes the fan profile on the card to crank the rpms on the fan.

4745454b

Titan
Or the case could just flat have different acoustics.

Assuming the parts were better then the old ones it could be that your new CPU has the ability to push the GPU harder then the old CPU. In this "case" (he he) it could be that you are simply hearing the noises you should have been hearing all along. It could also be if its an older card it needs to be cleaned.

soline

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
I noticed now that this case has ventilation holes on basicly the whole side where the gpu is, that is probably the issue here :p Thanks