Upgrading My Homebuilt. Need Advice.

cae009

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Happy Holidays Everyone!

So I am wanting to upgrade my Homebuilt as a Christmas present to myself, and can't really decide where to go with it, or what to do in what order, let me post some specs and then give a little more detail as to the things I would like to do and would love to receive feedback from you Ladies and Gentlemen on what I would like to do and what I may need to do before I do the things I would like. IE: things I should upgrade first before doing others.

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz / Cooler Master V8 Heat Sink
Bloomfield 45nm Technology
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4gb x2 and 2gb x2
12.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 530MHz (7-7-7-19)
Motherboard
EVGA X58 SLI FTW3 (Socket 423)
Graphics
Acer S231HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (EVGA)
Hard Drives
313GB Seagate ST332062 0AS SCSI Disk Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
SONY DVD RW AW-G170A ATA Device
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
USB Multi-Channel Audio Device
Networking
Killer Xeno NIC
Case
Cooler Master 932A probably going to order the Clear side panel to give a better view of the interior.
PSU
650 Watt Corsair Enthusiast Series
Monitor
Acer 23" Monitor Would buy more of these if moving up to 3 monitors eventually.

I am real big into gaming and overall computer performance, and I used to have liquid cooling on a previous system as I love the cooling performance they give and was wanting to do the same on this computer, had thought about getting the Helix type that they sell on Frozencpu but wasn't sure if maybe I should be upgrading other parts first, I eventually want to go back to SLI, and running 3 monitors with my Video cards. But as you can see I am no longer running dual gpu's as my brother in laws card went out so I gave him one of my two. I'm looking to spend roughly $500 on upgrades give or take a little, but I am also wanting to get the most bang out of my buck I don't necessarily need top of the line, but I also do not want to waste any money as I'm a college student and this money is what I have set aside the last year to award myself for doing so well despite having been working two jobs on top of attending full time. So please feel free to comment and give me advice on what I should do first or in any given order as I'm having trouble deciding what is the best route to take.
And If there is any more information I could give anyone feel free to ask.
Many Thanks,
Aaron
Edit* Another Reason I would like to possible bring in liquid cooling is my CPU is running around 48C while playing my games and my GPU idles around 55-60C gaming,and I would like to bring those numbers down if at all possible.

bzboy

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
In my opinion there is no comparison. Access time is nearly 100x faster with ssd vs two hd in raid 0. Boot up time faster. Level loading in games faster. You will never go back.