AD Domain Controller Concurrent Logons

mitchell3405

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Hi
I am currently planning a Active directory deployment. It will most likely be a new forest, but the domain could become part of a existing forest. I have about 45 Computers with about 85 users. At one time there is about 42 users logging in as there is two shifts. The logons will be done all at once. Do you think two domain controllers will be able to handle the load?

mitchell3405

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
What I meant was does Anybody know what the average lgon time would be for a user from the logon screen to the time the desktop is fully loaded with 2 domain controllers & roughly 42 users logging on at once?

Anything special at login time other than loading the roving profiles and authenticating users? Are your servers powerful or are you using old servers (though it still shouldn't be an issuer)? Presuming local servers an Gigabit Ethernet, logging on to the domain should add a few seconds at most.

I presume that this is some sort of benchmark because no organization has 42 users who logon at exactly the same time.

mitchell3405

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Well not the exact same time. You this is a domain that will be used at a technical school, in the information systems technology area. The students log in roughly all at the same time.