Best Possible Build With This + Questions

ophaq

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Alright, so I have $1500-1550 to spend on a new gaming rig (and possibly a new gaming monitor with any extra cash left over) for Christmas. Around a month ago, I had asked for a better build and now, I'm almost ready to get it because I finally am getting the money to buy it.

The kind of gaming PC I'm looking for has to be able to run the high end MMORPGs/games of today (and future ones) at the highest settings possible with the most FPS possible. It also has to have good cooling/be quiet. And if possible, I'd like to be able to burn CDs/Bluray discs for backup (but that's optional).

So, how can I improve my PC's build? I made the basic hardware to see them easier but feel free to change the other options if needed.

Here is the current build:

*BASE_PRICE: [+739]
BLUETOOTH: None
CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
CASE: Corsair Carbide 300R Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front USB 3.0 [+11]
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) [+40]
CASE_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]
ENGRAVING: None
ENGRAVING_MSG:
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_CS: None
FREEBIE_CU: None
FREEBIE_MB: GIGABYTE GC-WB300D Exclusive Bluetooth 4.0/WiFi PCIe Expansion Card [+0]
FREEBIE_VC: FREE Assassins Creed III Game Coupon [+0]
FREEBIE_VC2: None
GLASSES: None
HDD: 128 GB OCZ Vertex 4 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s - 535 MB/s Read & 200 MB/s Write [+47] (Single Drive)
HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+112] (Single Drive)
IEEE_CARD: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MB_SRT: None
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [+66] (Kingston HyperX [+12])
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX/SLI] GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, Ultra Durable4, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, Display Port, 3x Gen3 PCIe X16, 3x PCIe x1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified) [+73]
MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+0] (64-bit Edition)
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: * 850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+91]
RUSH: 5% Instant Rebate for NO-RUSH Delivery, order will ship in 3 to 4 Weeks. Must Enter Coupon Code "NORUSH" during checkout [+0]
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TABLET: None
TEMP: None
TUNING: None
TVRC: None
USB: None
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+308] (EVGA Superclocked)
VIDEO2: None
VIDEO3: None
WNC: None
_PRICE: (+1527)
_view_: {F4A6123D-DCF9-4970-A84A-EA594E5AFDCA}
_load_: 12/9/2012 12:08:12 PM

Link: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1EP957

Questions:
(1) - How do I get the MIRs? Is there a code? If so, what is it?
(2) - Is there a better case that keeps dust out/circulates better?
(3) - Is the type of memory (Kingston, Ripjaw and all those) any different from each other? If so, which one is the best?
(4) - Is that a good motherboard? Could it be better?
(5) - Is it worth getting a SDD?
(6) - Do I need a better cooling system?
(7) - Is there a better NVIDIA GPU available?
(8) - Any suggestions?

Thank you to anyone who takes their time answering my questions and helping me out. I REALLY appreciate it.
:)

SuzumiyaHaruhi

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
Also you don't need 16GB ram, 8GB is good
Upg your motherboard so you can overclock that processor you bought ( Get an Extreme 4)
Your build isn't going to take anywhere near 850 watts. You can bump that down to 600
You don't need max extra cooling fans

Anyways, with $1500 you could do a lot better than what CyberPower is offering.
Instead of an i5, you could go with i7
Better liquid cooling
Way better Graphics card

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tApZ

EDIT: Forgot to mention it also has an SSD

Can you clean it up a bit? Just I bet having to search through all that text to find the important stuff is what has turned people off answering the thread.

To me it seems fine, if a bit overkill in some areas.
Halve the RAM to 8GB, thats all you need for gaming.
Get a 650W PSU, 850W is way more than you need.

1. Rebates, not sure how they work actually. From what I understand you can print off a form or something from the retailers website, then mail that to the manufacturer. Should then get a check in the mail or something.
2. The performance among good cases is pretty much the same, its largely a matter of features supported.
3. In all likelihood there is no difference, but I would go for the G.Skill Ares or Corsair LP. At least not those Kingston ones,as they run at 1.65v, which is bad for Intel CPU's.
4. Actually downgrade a bit to the GA-Z77X-D3H.
5. Yes, without doubt yes.
6. Not really unless you want to overclock quite hard.
7. Yes, the 680 and 690. However the 680 has only a tiny performance boost over the 670 (5%) for an extra $100, so its not worth it. The 690 are $1000 each, so well out of your budget.
8. Build your own rig, You can get much better for your money.