DVI Power Saving Problems

Hello I have probably spent the last 2 hours look at forums to figure out my problem.

Pretty much before those 2 hours what happened was, I was launching a game of CS:GO, was in the game playing and all of a sudden my monitor goes grey (samsung monitor: http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9423/sourcez.jpg) and I think the source may have changed before it went into power saving mode. I have a 560 gtx and I use a VGA cable that plugs into a DVI-A Adapter which then goes into one of my DVI-I ports on the back of my computer. I have tried VGA which works, most forums I have checked have had this problem when installing or turning on their computer, not while actually running it.

Specs: i7 3770 3.4GH, Gigabyte GTX560 1gb PCI-E Video Card 2xDVI, Kingston 8GB Ram, Gigabyte GA-z77M-d3h-MVP S1155 MATX, USB3, PCIE3, SATA3
2 answers Last reply
More about power saving problems
  1. P.S. I am buying a new adapter tomorrow to see if that is the problem, I also tried it on my brothers desktop testing out the monitor settings and what not, he also gets 'Power Saving' (Hibernation) mode with it.
  2. Nope does the exact same thing with a new DVI-A Adapter... any ideas or help please?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards DVI Graphics