DVI Power Saving Problems

Deschain

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012
Hello I have probably spent the last 2 hours look at forums to figure out my problem.

Pretty much before those 2 hours what happened was, I was launching a game of CS:GO, was in the game playing and all of a sudden my monitor goes grey (samsung monitor: http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9423/sourcez.jpg) and I think the source may have changed before it went into power saving mode. I have a 560 gtx and I use a VGA cable that plugs into a DVI-A Adapter which then goes into one of my DVI-I ports on the back of my computer. I have tried VGA which works, most forums I have checked have had this problem when installing or turning on their computer, not while actually running it.

Specs: i7 3770 3.4GH, Gigabyte GTX560 1gb PCI-E Video Card 2xDVI, Kingston 8GB Ram, Gigabyte GA-z77M-d3h-MVP S1155 MATX, USB3, PCIE3, SATA3

Deschain

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012
P.S. I am buying a new adapter tomorrow to see if that is the problem, I also tried it on my brothers desktop testing out the monitor settings and what not, he also gets 'Power Saving' (Hibernation) mode with it.