Multi-player

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I can't seem to get my multi-player function to work. I get the menu that
says it's downloading info for 0 servers and that's all I get. What am I
doing wrong?

--
Stevie Nicks / Fleetwood Mac streaming audio

www.radio17.com

"Bill Gamelson" <bgamelson@cox.net> wrote:

>I can't seem to get my multi-player function to work. I get the menu that
>says it's downloading info for 0 servers and that's all I get. What am I
>doing wrong?

Did you download All Seeing Eye? You should use that to find servers.
Don't start the game, All Seeing Eye will do that when you pick a game
from its list.

You will need the latest patch for RTWC as well, check the ID site.

Tim
--
This is not my signature.

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I can't get it to work. It keeps saying "Invalid CD Key."

"Tim Auton" <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote in message
> "Bill Gamelson" <bgamelson@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>I can't seem to get my multi-player function to work. I get the menu that
>>says it's downloading info for 0 servers and that's all I get. What am I
>>doing wrong?
>
> Did you download All Seeing Eye? You should use that to find servers.
> Don't start the game, All Seeing Eye will do that when you pick a game
> from its list.
>
> You will need the latest patch for RTWC as well, check the ID site.
>

> Tim
> --
> This is not my signature.

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

This is junk. It doesn't work.

"Bill Gamelson" <bgamelson@cox.net> wrote in message
>I can't get it to work. It keeps saying "Invalid CD Key."
>

> "Tim Auton" <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote in message
>> "Bill Gamelson" <bgamelson@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>>I can't seem to get my multi-player function to work. I get the menu
>>>that
>>>says it's downloading info for 0 servers and that's all I get. What am I
>>>doing wrong?
>>
>> Did you download All Seeing Eye? You should use that to find servers.
>> Don't start the game, All Seeing Eye will do that when you pick a game
>> from its list.
>>
>> You will need the latest patch for RTWC as well, check the ID site.
>>

>> Tim
>> --
>> This is not my signature.

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Man this is so junk. I can't even uninstall it.

> This is junk. It doesn't work.
>
> "Bill Gamelson" <bgamelson@cox.net> wrote in message
>>I can't get it to work. It keeps saying "Invalid CD Key."
>>

>> "Tim Auton" <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote in message

>>> Did you download All Seeing Eye? You should use that to find servers.
>>> Don't start the game, All Seeing Eye will do that when you pick a game
>>> from its list.
>>>
>>> You will need the latest patch for RTWC as well, check the ID site.
>>>

>>> Tim
>>> --
>>> This is not my signature.

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Finally got it uninstalled. Any other ideas for multiplayer?

> Man this is so junk. I can't even uninstall it.
>
> "Bill Gamelson" <bgamelson@cox.net> wrote in message
>> This is junk. It doesn't work.
>>
>> "Bill Gamelson" <bgamelson@cox.net> wrote in message
>>>I can't get it to work. It keeps saying "Invalid CD Key."
>>>

>>> "Tim Auton" <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote in message

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

ALL SEEING EYE

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html

And not just for Castle Wolfenstein.
They are also working on a ping booster for windows.
The Linux version is already available.

(>'.'<)

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 02:09:18 +0100, (>'.'<) wrote:

> ALL SEEING EYE
> http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html
> The Linux version is already available.

Where'd you get the idea there is a Linux version? There isn't. There is
XQF, which is quite good.

Linux Registered User #327951

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Well, the ID master server is often down. That is what RTCW looks for. The
all seeing eye looks for other master servers. However, when you go to MP,
make sure you are connected to the internet and click "Get new List". Then
it will download the servers and store them off. At this moment, the ID
server is up. Make sure you have all the patches.

Todd Honea

#1 Patch up to the latest version (1.41)

#2 Go to the option to allow you to re-enter your CD key and type it in
again

Rarely RtCW corrupts the key (it's only happened to me once in 2 years of
playing) and it loses the last 2 characters, once you've re-entered it you
should be fine.

Dan

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

>>Rarely RtCW corrupts the key (it's only happened to me once in 2 years of
>>playing) and it loses the last 2 characters, once you've re-entered it you
>>should be fine.

I think I figured it out finally, I got it to run anyway with some servers.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Good for you to finally getting it back to work.
Now if you are smart you get the all seeing eye back so you can see ALL the
servers out there.
Also a very good programme to keep track of you're favourite servers or to
track down a buddy you like to play with.
I have been using ASE as a registered user now for about 2 years now and i
still have no complaints.

(>'.'<)

>>>Rarely RtCW corrupts the key (it's only happened to me once in 2 years of
>>>playing) and it loses the last 2 characters, once you've re-entered it
>>>you should be fine.
>

> I think I figured it out finally, I got it to run anyway with some
> servers.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I quote myself

They are also working on a ping booster for windows.
The Linux version is already available.
End quote

So Dan C

First READ then give comment.

I NEVER wrote here that there was a Linux version of the all Seeing Eye but
off a small piece of software called PING BOOSTER.

If you're not readingthe whole post, you're making too many mistakes
Windows Registered User (>'.'<)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:39:57 +0100, (>'.'<) wrote:

> I NEVER wrote here that there was a Linux version of the all Seeing Eye but
> off a small piece of software called PING BOOSTER.

Yeah, well if you look back at it, it can be interpreted differently. No
need to get all upset.

> If you're not readingthe whole post, you're making too many mistakes
> Windows Registered User (>'.'<)

Hehe, that's good. Of course, all Windows users are "registered", when
your "operating system" calls home to Billy, to activate itself. <shudder>

Linux Registered User #327951