I would be using this computer for music production in reason, using some pretty consuming plugins like the EastWest ones.
- Intel® Core™ i7-3770
- Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3
- ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Western Digital RE3 WD1002FBYS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive
- NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 630M Graphics Card
- Antec Twelve-Hundred Case
Just a couple of questions:
-Because this is my first build, I want to make sure that everything is compatible, and will operate properly once I assemble it. Also, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
-Also, do any of you know what I should use for a PSU, because I have no idea how much voltage I will need.
Thank you all so much in advance for all of your support
I think you should be 100% fine with a i5-3570k unless you know for a fact that your music editing software realisticly benefits from HT.
Also, why are you getting a dedicated video card? The i7-3770 (and my suggested CPU) include a phenomenal integrated graphics solution that would be more than sufficient for your needs, even some light gaming. Ditch the 630M unless you NEED a dedicated card for some reason you didn't mention.