user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Got something new for once.
Normaly I always get "this server is for low pings only" error
But I just hit reconnect and all is fine.
But today it clamed that I have a invalid CD-Key.
How the hell can I have a invalid key with ET.
Its a free game and doesn't really NEED a key because it makes one up during
the game's instalation.

Weird huh.

(>'.'<)

"(>'.'<) '.' '.' '.'" <()@().()> wrote in message
> Got something new for once.
> Normaly I always get "this server is for low pings only" error
> But I just hit reconnect and all is fine.
> But today it clamed that I have a invalid CD-Key.
> How the hell can I have a invalid key with ET.
> Its a free game and doesn't really NEED a key because it makes one up
> during the game's instalation.
>
> Weird huh.
>
> (>'.'<)

The file containing the key probably got corrupted. Look in the ET main dir,
I think it's called etkey (I've not got ET on this PC atm, but in RtCW it's
called rtcwkey). Move the file somewhere else (never delete a file unless
you're sure it won't mess anything up!) and when you try to connect to a
server you should get a new key generated.

Dan

"Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> "(>'.'<) '.' '.' '.'" <()@().()> wrote in message
>> Got something new for once.
>> Normaly I always get "this server is for low pings only" error
>> But I just hit reconnect and all is fine.
>> But today it clamed that I have a invalid CD-Key.
>> How the hell can I have a invalid key with ET.
>> Its a free game and doesn't really NEED a key because it makes one up
>> during the game's instalation.
>>
>> Weird huh.
>>
>> (>'.'<)
>
> The file containing the key probably got corrupted. Look in the ET main
> dir, I think it's called etkey (I've not got ET on this PC atm, but in
> RtCW it's called rtcwkey). Move the file somewhere else (never delete a
> file unless you're sure it won't mess anything up!) and when you try to
> connect to a server you should get a new key generated.
>
> Dan

Cool thanks Ill try it

(>'.'<)