Invalid CD-key with ET???

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Got something new for once.
Normaly I always get "this server is for low pings only" error
But I just hit reconnect and all is fine.
But today it clamed that I have a invalid CD-Key.
How the hell can I have a invalid key with ET.
Its a free game and doesn't really NEED a key because it makes one up during
the game's instalation.

Weird huh.

(>'.'<)
2 answers Last reply
More about invalid
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "(>'.'<) '.' '.' '.'" <()@().()> wrote in message
    > Got something new for once.
    > Normaly I always get "this server is for low pings only" error
    > But I just hit reconnect and all is fine.
    > But today it clamed that I have a invalid CD-Key.
    > How the hell can I have a invalid key with ET.
    > Its a free game and doesn't really NEED a key because it makes one up
    > during the game's instalation.
    >
    > Weird huh.
    >
    > (>'.'<)

    The file containing the key probably got corrupted. Look in the ET main dir,
    I think it's called etkey (I've not got ET on this PC atm, but in RtCW it's
    called rtcwkey). Move the file somewhere else (never delete a file unless
    you're sure it won't mess anything up!) and when you try to connect to a
    server you should get a new key generated.

    Dan
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> schreef in bericht
    > "(>'.'<) '.' '.' '.'" <()@().()> wrote in message
    >> Got something new for once.
    >> Normaly I always get "this server is for low pings only" error
    >> But I just hit reconnect and all is fine.
    >> But today it clamed that I have a invalid CD-Key.
    >> How the hell can I have a invalid key with ET.
    >> Its a free game and doesn't really NEED a key because it makes one up
    >> during the game's instalation.
    >>
    >> Weird huh.
    >>
    >> (>'.'<)
    >
    > The file containing the key probably got corrupted. Look in the ET main
    > dir, I think it's called etkey (I've not got ET on this PC atm, but in
    > RtCW it's called rtcwkey). Move the file somewhere else (never delete a
    > file unless you're sure it won't mess anything up!) and when you try to
    > connect to a server you should get a new key generated.
    >
    > Dan

    Cool thanks Ill try it

    (>'.'<)

Games CD-Rom Servers Video Games