Monitor is going sleep after Starting windows 7.

:::-SYSTEM-:::

Windows 7 Home Premium

Manufacture: Hewlett-Packard Company
Rating: 8.7
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor 2.71 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System type: 64-Bit Operating System
Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display
Nvidia Installed: GeForce 9400GT 1GB DDR2 PCle 2.0
Old Nvidia: 6150SE nForce 430

I got problem: After starting windows, it went to black screen, after 30 sec "Monitor is going sleep" please help. I think it were blue screen error.

Please help Really need so much.
15 answers Last reply
More about monitor sleep starting windows
  1. Before the Windows boot screen shows up, press F8 - this will take you to the boot options menu. Select 'enable VGA mode' and start windows normally. See if this works; if you're able to get to the desktop, change the resolution, download and install the latest drivers for your graphics accelerator and install them. Hope this helps :)
  2. I can't find Enable VGA, Help please!!!
  3. Borodulin said:
    I can't find Enable VGA, Help please!!!

What do you see when you press the F8 key?
  4. I have like this

5. Borodulin said:

Okay, you would select the onethat says "Enable low resolution video"
  6. Why do i need that? I dont wanna zoom in, I like 1024x768

when it won't work what would i do?
  7. Borodulin said:
    Why do i need that? I dont wanna zoom in, I like 1024x768

when it won't work what would i do?

As the user above stated: "Before the Windows boot screen shows up, press F8 - this will take you to the boot options menu. Select 'enable VGA mode' and start windows normally. See if this works; if you're able to get to the desktop, change the resolution, download and install the latest drivers for your graphics accelerator and install them. Hope this helps :)"
  8. we are basically just making sure that you can actually get into Windows via this method because it loads a standard vga drivers and not one for a particular model of a card.

The resolution may have been set too high for the monitor and that will cause a blank screen...
  9. I tried all Resolution but still won't work.
  10. Are you using an on-board card or an add-in video card? I'm a bit puzzled by this: Nvidia Installed: GeForce 9400GT 1GB DDR2 PCle 2.0
    Old Nvidia: 6150SE nForce 430
  11. Also, did you try any of the Safe Mode options?
  12. I using Nvidia 9400GT DDR2, I uninstalled 6150SE nForce 430, it still ******* stupid. I want to play game with 9400GT DDR2 so bad :C
  13. I'm sure I finish all Safe Mode options but still black screen after 30 sec Monitor is going sleep.
  14. do you also have an onboard video card that you can try?
  15. Tried it still no working. I called Microsoft Graphic, They said need more Memory for Nvidia.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Windows 7 Processors Graphics