Server recommendations?

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Hi all,

i've just reinstalled ET after not playing online for a few months,
unfortunately lost all my 'favourites'. It's rather tedious to go
through available servers again and find the occasional 'good one', i.e.:

- european based (due to ping)
- not more than 20 players allowed
- campaign with 3 maps max. or stopwatch
- smart, grown-up admins/regulars, no trash talk, spawn-raping etc.
- standard maps (preferably without railgun ;)) mixed with custom ones
- even teams, XP-wise as well

Well, at least that's what i'm looking for, would be great to read one
or two recommendations that come rather close to that. BTW, i used to
play on splashdamage's server a lot, can't seem to find it now. Did it
vanish, if not does someone have the IP at hand?

Thx for listening
BB
11 answers Last reply
More about server recommendations
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:25:49 +0100, Benjamin Bluemchen wrote:

    > i've just reinstalled ET after not playing online for a few months,
    > unfortunately lost all my 'favourites'. It's rather tedious to go
    > through available servers again and find the occasional 'good one', i.e.:
    >
    > - european based (due to ping)
    > - not more than 20 players allowed
    > - campaign with 3 maps max. or stopwatch
    > - smart, grown-up admins/regulars, no trash talk, spawn-raping etc.
    > - standard maps (preferably without railgun ;)) mixed with custom ones
    > - even teams, XP-wise as well

    So you'd like us to do the "rather tedious" work of finding a server for
    you? Don't be an idiot. Do it yourself.

    Linux Registered User #327951
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:25:49 +0100, Benjamin Bluemchen wrote:
    >

    >>i've just reinstalled ET after not playing online for a few months,
    >>unfortunately lost all my 'favourites'. It's rather tedious to go
    >>through available servers again and find the occasional 'good one', i.e.:
    >>
    >>- european based (due to ping)
    >>- not more than 20 players allowed
    >>- campaign with 3 maps max. or stopwatch
    >>- smart, grown-up admins/regulars, no trash talk, spawn-raping etc.
    >>- standard maps (preferably without railgun ;)) mixed with custom ones
    >>- even teams, XP-wise as well
    >

    > So you'd like us to do the "rather tedious" work of finding a server for
    > you? Don't be an idiot. Do it yourself.

    Lol, not quite sure what you and ratface are so upset about. Most ppl
    wouldn't consider copying and pasting an IP out of their server
    browser's favourites being "work". The concept of sharing knowledge
    obviously isn't something you're very fond of, oh registered one.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:16:29 +0100, Benjamin Bluemchen wrote:

    >>>- european based (due to ping)
    >>>- not more than 20 players allowed
    >>>- campaign with 3 maps max. or stopwatch
    >>>- smart, grown-up admins/regulars, no trash talk, spawn-raping etc.
    >>>- standard maps (preferably without railgun ;)) mixed with custom ones
    >>>- even teams, XP-wise as well

    >> So you'd like us to do the "rather tedious" work of finding a server for
    >> you? Don't be an idiot. Do it yourself.

    > Lol, not quite sure what you and ratface are so upset about. Most ppl
    > wouldn't consider copying and pasting an IP out of their server
    > browser's favourites being "work".

    Do you think my idea of a favorite server matches up with your list above?
    How many people do you think match that list? Not to mention, you can't
    provide a list of servers with "even teams, XP-wise as well", because that
    changes constantly. Don't you know that? Don't be lazy all your life.

    Linux Registered User #327951
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Dan C wrote:

    >>>So you'd like us to do the "rather tedious" work of finding a server for
    >>>you? Don't be an idiot. Do it yourself.
    >

    >>Lol, not quite sure what you and ratface are so upset about. Most ppl
    >>wouldn't consider copying and pasting an IP out of their server
    >>browser's favourites being "work".
    >

    > Do you think my idea of a favorite server matches up with your list above?
    > How many people do you think match that list? Not to mention, you can't
    > provide a list of servers with "even teams, XP-wise as well", because that
    > changes constantly. Don't you know that? Don't be lazy all your life.

    Seems like someone's desperately trying to have the last word. If your
    idea of a favorite server doesn't match up with mine, why bother; this
    isn't email, you know? Actually i was hoping that more people than you
    and that other troll would read my post and at least one or two would
    have something meaningful to contribute. Well, EOD for me, you're free
    to keep on trolling.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Benjamin Bluemchen" <bbluemchen@gmx.com> schreef in bericht
    > Dan C wrote:

    >>>Lol, not quite sure what you and ratface are so upset about. Most ppl
    >>>wouldn't consider copying and pasting an IP out of their server browser's
    >>>favourites being "work".
    >>

    >> Do you think my idea of a favorite server matches up with your list
    >> above?
    >> How many people do you think match that list? Not to mention, you can't
    >> provide a list of servers with "even teams, XP-wise as well", because
    >> that
    >> changes constantly. Don't you know that? Don't be lazy all your life.
    >
    > Seems like someone's desperately trying to have the last word. If your
    > idea of a favorite server doesn't match up with mine, why bother; this
    > isn't email, you know? Actually i was hoping that more people than you and
    > that other troll would read my post and at least one or two would have
    > something meaningful to contribute. Well, EOD for me, you're free to keep
    > on trolling.

    My name ir Kirby.

    Learn it dipshit because calling names is just too easy.
    And I don't alwyas agree with Dan but in this case he is right.
    My favorite server doesn't have to his idea of a good server.
    And as for liking to have the last word.

    WORD

    (>'.'<)
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Benjamin Bluemchen" <bbluemchen@gmx.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > i've just reinstalled ET after not playing online for a few months,
    > unfortunately lost all my 'favourites'. It's rather tedious to go
    > through available servers again and find the occasional 'good one', i.e.:
    >
    > - european based (due to ping)
    > - not more than 20 players allowed
    > - campaign with 3 maps max. or stopwatch
    > - smart, grown-up admins/regulars, no trash talk, spawn-raping etc.
    > - standard maps (preferably without railgun ;)) mixed with custom ones
    > - even teams, XP-wise as well
    >
    > Well, at least that's what i'm looking for, would be great to read one
    > or two recommendations that come rather close to that. BTW, i used to
    > play on splashdamage's server a lot, can't seem to find it now. Did it
    > vanish, if not does someone have the IP at hand?
    >
    > Thx for listening
    > BB

    Try the Klets server, I like it, it is:

    European, with a low ping.
    Admins are mature and fair
    Lots of regulars....I have some good friends on there.
    Mostly standard maps.....i think there is one custom

    217.195.251.118:27990

    See ya there.....my nick is LiGhTnInG, say hi if ya see me.

    @ Dan and Kirby :-p
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Benjamin Bluemchen" <bbluemchen@gmx.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > i've just reinstalled ET after not playing online for a few months,
    > unfortunately lost all my 'favourites'. It's rather tedious to go
    > through available servers again and find the occasional 'good one', i.e.:
    >
    > - european based (due to ping)
    > - not more than 20 players allowed
    > - campaign with 3 maps max. or stopwatch
    > - smart, grown-up admins/regulars, no trash talk, spawn-raping etc.
    > - standard maps (preferably without railgun ;)) mixed with custom ones
    > - even teams, XP-wise as well
    >
    > Well, at least that's what i'm looking for, would be great to read one
    > or two recommendations that come rather close to that. BTW, i used to
    > play on splashdamage's server a lot, can't seem to find it now. Did it
    > vanish, if not does someone have the IP at hand?
    >
    > Thx for listening
    > BB

    Another good one is the Dew clan server:

    84.244.130.208:27960

    They are clan recruiting too, so as long as you aren't a n00b-tube user,
    have a go!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Benjamin Bluemchen" <bbluemchen@gmx.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > i've just reinstalled ET after not playing online for a few months,
    > unfortunately lost all my 'favourites'. It's rather tedious to go through
    > available servers again and find the occasional 'good one', i.e.:
    >
    > - european based (due to ping)
    > - not more than 20 players allowed
    > - campaign with 3 maps max. or stopwatch
    > - smart, grown-up admins/regulars, no trash talk, spawn-raping etc.
    > - standard maps (preferably without railgun ;)) mixed with custom ones
    > - even teams, XP-wise as well
    >
    > Well, at least that's what i'm looking for, would be great to read one or
    > two recommendations that come rather close to that. BTW, i used to play on
    > splashdamage's server a lot, can't seem to find it now. Did it vanish, if
    > not does someone have the IP at hand?

    Get All Seeing Eye from http://www.udpsoft.com

    With this you can narrow your search down yourself by setting the Balanced
    Teams option On, and it's pretty easy to add your own filter to check for a
    max player count of 20. Sort it by ping so you get the more responsive
    servers at the top, and choose Campaign or StopWatch in the game types. XP
    balancing isn't something that's exposed as a server variable AFAIK so you
    won't be able to filter on it, so then it's just a case of trying to work
    out which of the remaining servers are worth checking out. You can also
    filter out servers that are full or empty and narrow it further just to
    those that have players on at the time you look.

    I haven't played ET for ages (or any other online game for that matter), if
    I had I'd have suggested you wander into the [AGW] server which I set up for
    this newsgroup when ET first came out (after it had been running RtCW for
    ages). However, that server is now running RtCW with the WolfTactics mod,
    and most of the admins don't get time to play much more (although one admin
    should be as he's the person who asked me to get WT up and running for him
    and the guys he plays with). It might get switched back to ET again in the
    near future, although I might also just wipe it and use it for something
    else as nobody had played on it for months.

    Dan / [AGW]Spacker
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On 2005-01-21, Benjamin Bluemchen <bbluemchen@gmx.com> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > i've just reinstalled ET after not playing online for a few months,
    > unfortunately lost all my 'favourites'. It's rather tedious to go
    > through available servers again and find the occasional 'good one', i.e.:
    >
    > - european based (due to ping)
    > - not more than 20 players allowed
    > - campaign with 3 maps max. or stopwatch
    > - smart, grown-up admins/regulars, no trash talk, spawn-raping etc.
    > - standard maps (preferably without railgun ;)) mixed with custom ones
    > - even teams, XP-wise as well
    >
    > Well, at least that's what i'm looking for, would be great to read one
    > or two recommendations that come rather close to that. BTW, i used to
    > play on splashdamage's server a lot, can't seem to find it now. Did it
    > vanish, if not does someone have the IP at hand?

    Hi, My clan (NightWatch) was formed by a lot of regulars from the
    SplashDamage server. Our public server is populated with a lot of the
    old regulars from SD, at least late in the evening (after 22 CET).

    We run 3 x 4 map campaigns with the standard maps (minus battery) and
    quite a few customs (most of the mappers responsible are regulars as
    well).

    We have tried to keep the "spirit" of the SD server with more focus on
    friendlyness rather than skill. You're welcome to visit (what nick did
    you play under on SD, by the way?). IP is 213.228.215.151:27980

    NW.BigFatGeek / fledsbo
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Benjamin Bluemchen" <bbluemchen@gmx.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > Hi all,
    >
    > i've just reinstalled ET after not playing online for a few months,
    > unfortunately lost all my 'favourites'. It's rather tedious to go
    > through available servers again and find the occasional 'good one', i.e.:
    >
    > - european based (due to ping)
    > - not more than 20 players allowed
    > - campaign with 3 maps max. or stopwatch
    > - smart, grown-up admins/regulars, no trash talk, spawn-raping etc.
    > - standard maps (preferably without railgun ;)) mixed with custom ones
    > - even teams, XP-wise as well
    >
    > Well, at least that's what i'm looking for, would be great to read one
    > or two recommendations that come rather close to that. BTW, i used to
    > play on splashdamage's server a lot, can't seem to find it now. Did it
    > vanish, if not does someone have the IP at hand?
    >
    > Thx for listening
    > BB

    You can allways try our server:
    82.182.212.28:27960

    We play some long som short campaigns. We are a mature clan and we try to
    act mature on pub ;)
    The server i places in Umea, Sweden

    /Snostorm
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Also try my clan server @ 82.136.40.247:27960

    Etpro server 10 map rotation
    "Snostorm" <nospam.snowstorm.nospam@linux.se> wrote in message

    > "Benjamin Bluemchen" <bbluemchen@gmx.com> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> i've just reinstalled ET after not playing online for a few months,
    >> unfortunately lost all my 'favourites'. It's rather tedious to go
    >> through available servers again and find the occasional 'good one', i.e.:
    >>
    >> - european based (due to ping)
    >> - not more than 20 players allowed
    >> - campaign with 3 maps max. or stopwatch
    >> - smart, grown-up admins/regulars, no trash talk, spawn-raping etc.
    >> - standard maps (preferably without railgun ;)) mixed with custom ones
    >> - even teams, XP-wise as well
    >>
    >> Well, at least that's what i'm looking for, would be great to read one
    >> or two recommendations that come rather close to that. BTW, i used to
    >> play on splashdamage's server a lot, can't seem to find it now. Did it
    >> vanish, if not does someone have the IP at hand?
    >>
    >> Thx for listening
    >> BB
    >
    > You can allways try our server:
    > 82.182.212.28:27960
    >
    > We play some long som short campaigns. We are a mature clan and we try to
    > act mature on pub ;)
    > The server i places in Umea, Sweden
    >
    > /Snostorm

Servers Video Games