Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nokia 9500: transferring contacts from 9110

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 7:21:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Any suggestions on how to transfer the contacts from my old 9110 to my
new 9500? The 9110 contacts, when save as a file (.txt) has a weird
format. In 9500 they are stored as .vcf (?), I think.
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 6:57:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

you need an 9210/9210i
"Nils Essle" <essle@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:MPG.1c5361e013690cdb989680@news1.telia.com...
> Any suggestions on how to transfer the contacts from my old 9110 to my
> new 9500? The 9110 contacts, when save as a file (.txt) has a weird
> format. In 9500 they are stored as .vcf (?), I think.
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 8:56:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Try synchronsing your 9110 to your MS Outlook contact list ( on your PC or
notebook) and synchronise back to the 9500.
Related resources
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 11:04:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

In article <csdb9r$ks2$1@reader01.singnet.com.sg>, arjun@singnet.com.sg
says...
> Try synchronsing your 9110 to your MS Outlook contact list ( on your PC or
> notebook) and synchronise back to the 9500.

Well, it's not that easy.
The 9110 is synced to PC Suite version 1.0 on a Windows 98SE machine.
The 9500 is synced to latest PC Suite on a laptop running Windows 2000.
I can't run latest PC Suite on Windows 98 and I don't know if I can run
two different versions of PC Suite on the same machine. The new cable for
9500 doesn't fit on 9110, so I cant sync the 9110 to the laptop. And so
on ...
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 11:05:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

In article <41ea80cc$0$6205$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, neeman@xs4all.be
says...
> you need an 9210/9210i
> "Nils Essle" <essle@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> news:MPG.1c5361e013690cdb989680@news1.telia.com...
> > Any suggestions on how to transfer the contacts from my old 9110 to my
> > new 9500? The 9110 contacts, when save as a file (.txt) has a weird
> > format. In 9500 they are stored as .vcf (?), I think.

Well, I don't have that, I have a 9110.
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 2:25:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

I think there is no problem.

First install pc suite for 9110 then sync with outlook
then unistall 9110 pc suite and install 9500 pc suite and sync with outlook.


Ante


"Nils Essle" <essle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1c5590526379fb6f989681@news1.telia.com...
> In article <csdb9r$ks2$1@reader01.singnet.com.sg>, arjun@singnet.com.sg
> says...
>> Try synchronsing your 9110 to your MS Outlook contact list ( on your PC
>> or
>> notebook) and synchronise back to the 9500.
>
> Well, it's not that easy.
> The 9110 is synced to PC Suite version 1.0 on a Windows 98SE machine.
> The 9500 is synced to latest PC Suite on a laptop running Windows 2000.
> I can't run latest PC Suite on Windows 98 and I don't know if I can run
> two different versions of PC Suite on the same machine. The new cable for
> 9500 doesn't fit on 9110, so I cant sync the 9110 to the laptop. And so
> on ...
>
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 12:05:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

In article <csmmmj$o9e$1@fegnews.vip.hr>, ante.vrcan@vip.hr says...
> I think there is no problem.
>
> First install pc suite for 9110 then sync with outlook
> then unistall 9110 pc suite and install 9500 pc suite and sync with outlook.
>
>
> Ante

I don't have Outlook on my laptop, only Outlook Express. Outlook on the
W98.PC.
Does that matter, I never use either Outlook or Outlook Express so I'm
not familiar with either?
!