Best GPU for my system?

Poltregeist

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within 2 weeks, depends on when I get some money from things I am selling.

BUDGET RANGE: Somewhere around $200, the card I have selected now is $230

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming in games like BF3, Planetside 2, other intensive FPSs, Internet and YouTube.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: XFX 7870 GHz currently selected on my build (not purchased yet), and a OCZ ModXStram Pro 600W

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: CPU: i5-3570k, Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4, RAM: Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2x 4GB).

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg, just to keep everything in one order.

PARTS PREFERENCES: Nothing really, don't care whether it's a NVIDIA or AMD, just the performance matters.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe, my mobo can handle it I am pretty sure.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No, if I get the money for another GPU in the future, I will just get a better single card.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1200, might be by x1080 but can't remember.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I really just want the best performance, nothing else.

Solution
I would look at benchmarks for the games you play and choose which ever card comes out on top, either the 7870 or the 660gtx. Physx is pretty rare in games so unless you play a ton of Batman or Borderlands 2, I wouldn't worry about it.

Poltregeist

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, I looked at a gameplay of the games I play with a 7870, and it's great! Like BF3 is extremely GPU intensive, while lets say other games are balanced or CPU intensive. On that note, I have a i5-3570k so that won't be a problem :D