diaco

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
been reading online and so hard to narrow down the right gtx670 manufacture for me.

This will be my first build and I will be running an asus z77 vpro, an i7-3770k, and using cooler master HAF 932 advanced.

I want the best performing gtx670 that is good on temp and noise, doesnt have to be the coolest or quitest but i dont want the hotter running and noiser models. I want my computer to be able to handle all the cooling needs with just the tower, no additional heat sink and only air cooling.

I have never overclocked but i have friends who do and i would like to dabble but i will not be pushing it to the overclocked limites.

I would prefer one that is pre-clocked very well out of the box, or is easy to overlock over one that has fantastic potention but is difficult to reach that overclock potential.

the Asus gtx670 got the best reviews but i have also read that problems start to occure with it.

gigabyte gtx670 OC windforce, EVGA gtx670 FTW, and MSI gtx670 PE are the ones that am hearing the best about.

In the end i have no idea, any help would be appreciated.

I would be all over that Asus TOP for its high factory over clock, cool temps, and really, really quiet fans,heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better Chil controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you will not find on most other non-reference cards.

The ASUS GeForce GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP is a violent monster!To bad is so hard to get your hands on one i try for months then decided to settle i have MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks. MSI is asking a $30 price premium for their card, which doesn't look unreasonable, given the improved cooling and higher clocks.A good in between among the other two mentioned is Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce, a sleek behemoth that sports a triple-fanned cooler, increased Base Clock speeds, runs nearly silent.The EVGA FTW is a solid card but runs a bit louder and hotter then the others i mentioned it's still worth considering given the outstanding customer service.EVGA’s GTX 670 FTW is really a graphics card for the win, or the FTW i think its name is meant as just a marketing ploy and two reviews i read agree lol.But thanks to the high factory overclock, performance it's a solid contender as well. If you are wondering how can this be when EVGA used reference cooling, it's because it sports a reference GTX 680’s cooling. In fact, EVGA also took the reference GTX 680’s PCB as well.But did not seem to work out like planed i do not think because still noisy and runs a bit to hot for my comfort i guess it would be better to say that is my opinion i do not intend to offend anyone.

ohyouknow

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
Yea I'm rocking the ASUS Top which is whisper quiet. Since those are not around I agree with the others, go for the MSI power edition. It also spins the fans backwards on boot I believe, this helps combat dust build up which is pretty dope IMO. Cheers.