Looking for some Holiday Help! Upgrade (i hope) or buy new?

looking for help

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Hello everybody,

I know I need a new Graphics card and RAM, but is it better to upgrade the below ibuypower system or should I look at buying new to play BF3 on medium/high settings? If upgrading is possible, can you please make some suggestions?

Looking for the least expensive option so a new build would only give me about $500 (if that is even remotely possible). Thanks very much.
:hello:
Current:

-Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) @ 2.4GHz with liquid cooling

-2 GB Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Performance RAM DDR2-800

-MB: ASUS P5N32-E SLI

-768 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX

-Windows Vista 32 bit

-800 watt power supply

kragox

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
A good build might run you around 8-1200 bucks for a good gaming computer but you can maybe try out this PC which is under 500 bucks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103411

The main problem with the setup you have that I have noticed is that intel just isn't that great for processing graphics for gaming engines, that is one problem that I run into on my own gaming computer. But, you can check out the computer I linked, possibly even part out bits from your main computer to upgrade the new one further or just sell your old one to supplement the cost of buying a new gaming console. Hope this helps you out.
[Note: This computer does not include the monitor or anything else, I believe it is just the tower itself.]