• Build
  • Gaming
  • Components
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
December 10, 2012 2:54:37 AM

Hello Guys,

I'm new at building a gaming PC. I've done some researches about the components to choose and came up with this build.

New build - i5 3570K + HD 7870 + ASRock Z77 Extreme4

I'm not completely familiar with the compatibility of all the components, but I based them on the comments that I have read. Please check and see if it will be alright.

Notes:
- The current cost is roughly $1.3k. Maybe some parts can be replaced with cheaper ones without sacrificing performance/stability?
- Wanted 16GB RAM since I'll be using it as a developer machine too.

Thanks in advance!

More about : gaming build suggestions

a b 4 Gaming
December 10, 2012 5:50:00 AM

Looks good from here. All you need is a power supply, cooling, and storage. And a case of course, which I will not recommend, as it is the user's choice.

As for cooling, I would recommend the Noctua NH-D14.

If you are not running more than one card, you can stick to a smaller power supply. Something like the Antec NEO ECO 520W or the XFX 550W should do.
m
l
December 11, 2012 12:43:36 AM

Deemo13 said:
Looks good from here. All you need is a power supply, cooling, and storage. And a case of course, which I will not recommend, as it is the user's choice.

As for cooling, I would recommend the Noctua NH-D14.

If you are not running more than one card, you can stick to a smaller power supply. Something like the Antec NEO ECO 520W or the XFX 550W should do.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I'll consider those in the build. I assume Noctua NH-D14 will give enough space for the head spreader of the RAM right?
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
December 11, 2012 1:11:19 AM

Depends on the RAM you are using.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 11, 2012 2:26:36 AM

Well, for gaming, you don't need 16GB first of all.

And just make sure there are no huge heatsinks on the RAM.
m
l