Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I can only get a 2.50 to 4.0 kill ratio on most servers. Does anyone have
any tips on how to improve? I try and try, but I can't seem to get any
better. I go for headshots and only get 10-20%. I did notice that headshots
don't mean much on Shrub servers, but I have a 35-50% accuracy. I don't get
it? Why do I die so much?

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

In article <6JCLd.11744$i42.10125@fe1.columbus.rr.com>, Nobody U. Know
<nobody@nospam.com> wrote:

> I can only get a 2.50 to 4.0 kill ratio on most servers. Does anyone have
> any tips on how to improve? I try and try, but I can't seem to get any
> better. I go for headshots and only get 10-20%. I did notice that headshots
> don't mean much on Shrub servers, but I have a 35-50% accuracy. I don't get
> it? Why do I die so much?

Keep working on the headshots (you might want to try a headshot only
server). The way to improve is the same way to Carnegie
Hall...practise.

-Owen

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

"Nobody U. Know" <nobody@nospam.com> schreef in bericht
>I can only get a 2.50 to 4.0 kill ratio on most servers. Does anyone have
> any tips on how to improve? I try and try, but I can't seem to get any
> better. I go for headshots and only get 10-20%. I did notice that
> headshots
> don't mean much on Shrub servers, but I have a 35-50% accuracy. I don't
> get
> it? Why do I die so much?

Wolf is 50% good playing 25% luck and 25% tactics.
Don't race to the first enemy you see and start blasting away.
Changes are that there are 3 to 20 other enemy's behind him and they will
kill you.
When close to the enemy's objective look around the corner to see if the
coast is clear or where that dam camper is hiding.
And if you see one looking the wrong way don't shoot him but stab him in the
back.
Less noise less atention less problems with completing the game.

(>'.'<)

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Try using more LT airstrikes and stuff... and spawn killing etc.

I have seen people get incredable unbelievable ammounts of kills hihi.

"Nobody U. Know" <nobody@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I can only get a 2.50 to 4.0 kill ratio on most servers. Does anyone have
> any tips on how to improve? I try and try, but I can't seem to get any
> better. I go for headshots and only get 10-20%. I did notice that
headshots
> don't mean much on Shrub servers, but I have a 35-50% accuracy. I don't
get
> it? Why do I die so much?

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I do all that. On Shrub I like to poison them instead of knife. I will knife
them on Bani.

I just don't understand why I can't do better. I get the most kills
consistently, usually 70-90 (with highest accuracy) and I bring in the
objective about 20% of the time (over 50% when I get it). However, there are
people that have a better ratio most of the time. Should I play for ratio or
the win? Would a better ratio make me a better player? The people with
better ratios usually only kill 20 or so and really don't help much other
than camping. What is a good ratio? 10 to 1?. 20 to 1? Is killing 80 people
and dying 30 times better than killing 20 and dying 5? What is your opinion?

On 2005-02-02, Nobody U. Know <nobody@nospam.com> wrote:
> I just don't understand why I can't do better. I get the most kills
> consistently, usually 70-90 (with highest accuracy) and I bring in the
> objective about 20% of the time (over 50% when I get it). However, there are
> people that have a better ratio most of the time. Should I play for ratio or
> the win? Would a better ratio make me a better player? The people with
> better ratios usually only kill 20 or so and really don't help much other
> than camping. What is a good ratio? 10 to 1?. 20 to 1? Is killing 80 people
> and dying 30 times better than killing 20 and dying 5? What is your opinion?

Maybe consider playing on a server with better players?

Oystein

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Kill death ratio is highly over rated.
Who cares if you can kill 100 players without dying once.
Or that every bullit hits target.
Wat counts is the victory on the map.
I have played plenty of times where I only killed 1 or 2 players but I did
blow up the objective while others killed like 30 or 40 people but never got
close to the objective.
If you play just for the killing then go ahead, BUT if you want to be the
guy that plants the winning dyno then don't pay attention to that ratio
bullshit.

Winning is winning.
There are no points for second place in combat.

(>'.'<)

Lightning

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2004

> I do all that. On Shrub I like to poison them instead of knife. I will
knife
> them on Bani.
>
> I just don't understand why I can't do better. I get the most kills
> consistently, usually 70-90 (with highest accuracy) and I bring in the
> objective about 20% of the time (over 50% when I get it). However, there
are
> people that have a better ratio most of the time. Should I play for ratio
or
> the win? Would a better ratio make me a better player? The people with
> better ratios usually only kill 20 or so and really don't help much other
> than camping. What is a good ratio? 10 to 1?. 20 to 1? Is killing 80
people
> and dying 30 times better than killing 20 and dying 5? What is your
opinion?

you sound like a camper. try a better server.

How do you poison?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

"LiGhTnInG"
<samholt2710@++++++++++++removeallofthis+++++++++++++hotmail.com> schreef in
bericht news:36cn75F4tl6fnU1@individual.net...

> "Nobody U. Know" <nobody@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I do all that. On Shrub I like to poison them instead of knife. I will
> knife
>> them on Bani.
>>
>> I just don't understand why I can't do better. I get the most kills
>> consistently, usually 70-90 (with highest accuracy) and I bring in the
>> objective about 20% of the time (over 50% when I get it). However, there
> are
>> people that have a better ratio most of the time. Should I play for ratio
> or
>> the win? Would a better ratio make me a better player? The people with
>> better ratios usually only kill 20 or so and really don't help much other
>> than camping. What is a good ratio? 10 to 1?. 20 to 1? Is killing 80
> people
>> and dying 30 times better than killing 20 and dying 5? What is your
> opinion?
>>
> you sound like a camper. try a better server.
>
> How do you poison?

On some shrub servers the Medics needle is poison to the enemy.
Heals your team mates but it makes the enemy sick.
Also very funny to look at as a sick soldier can't keep still from being so
dam sick.
Only cure is a medpack or a grenade in the ass.

(>'.'<)