Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

HD7770 And AMD FX-4100

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 21, 2012 4:57:59 AM

HD7770 AMD FX-4100
wiLL tHIS rUN uLTRA sETTING oN fAR CRY 2 aND bATTLEFIELD 3

More about : hd7770 amd 4100

Anonymous
October 21, 2012 5:06:07 AM

far cry, yes.
BF3, no.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
October 21, 2012 5:07:01 AM

fix your caps lock key..........

rest of hardware and resolution (monitor size and res )
m
0
l
Related resources
October 21, 2012 5:29:55 AM

As far as 1080p goes, yes and no.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
October 21, 2012 5:37:45 AM

I don't think you guys realize how demanding FarCry2 is.
m
0
l
October 21, 2012 5:40:28 AM

Far cry 2, yes.
Battlefield 3, yes, but at a not-playable-at-all FPS.
m
0
l
October 21, 2012 9:55:12 AM

You need a better CPU, it's bottlenecking the card. If you upgrade to an FX 4170 you will be able to play both np.
m
0
l

Best solution

October 21, 2012 11:56:31 AM

You wont get Ultra settings on either.

Mactronix :) 
Share
a b À AMD
October 21, 2012 12:14:10 PM

Overclock your CPU by changing the multiplier to 4ghz or more for far cry 2. Battlefield 3 is not CPU dependent at all and will run it on ultra. As for your graphics card i think it might max far cry 2 out but not battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 will be medium/high.
I suggest an AMD 7850, Nvidia 560ti 448 core edition or more if you can afford it for battlefield 3
m
0
l
October 21, 2012 12:52:57 PM

In Battlefield 3, the multi-player component of the game is cpu bound, so I would OC that cpu to at least 4ghz.
I would also suggest High settings on Battlefield 3 would be fine for that gpu.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
October 21, 2012 5:35:29 PM

big difference between farcy and farcry2............ a 1gig card isn't going to run it smoothly.............. still waiting on OP to give monitor resolution.................. must be one of those people who like to bait people.
m
0
l
Anonymous
October 21, 2012 5:53:48 PM

swifty_morgan said:
big difference between farcy and farcry2............ a 1gig card isn't going to run it smoothly.............. still waiting on OP to give monitor resolution.................. must be one of those people who like to bait people.

OH RLY?!?!
:o 
don't tell my 550ti that.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
October 21, 2012 6:22:29 PM

maybe you should tell us what your hardware is and monitor resolution and game settings are. and whether it's Dx9 or DX10 that you're playing in. ....
m
0
l
Anonymous
October 21, 2012 8:34:39 PM

swifty_morgan said:
maybe you should tell us what your hardware is and monitor resolution and game settings are. and whether it's Dx9 or DX10 that you're playing in. ....


why should i maybe do that?

the burden of proof is on you - its funny that a 6 year old game would need more vram than what was common at that time . . .
m
0
l
a b À AMD
October 21, 2012 8:51:22 PM

sorry to ruin this guys thread but.................. I ran this game on 20 different cards and half dozen machines/opsys. I know what runs that game smoothly and what doesn't. there's no way the card you listed can play that game smoothly unless you're running in DX9 at low monitor resolution and major concessions to the settings in the games control panel................. and unless you provide information asked i have to call you a liar. sorry, but the burden is on you.
m
0
l
October 21, 2012 9:10:20 PM

lets see what the Pro's have to say shall we http://www.anandtech.com/show/2673
I thought it was customary to at least show some links before starting to insult each other ?
Mactronix :) 
m
0
l
a b À AMD
October 21, 2012 9:28:00 PM

thanks for a link to 2008........... got anything with new cards and from 2012 ?

and if the report says they used automated benchmarks ( farcry2 ranch/ranch long ) they never tell the entire story because the person doing the benchmarks has absolutely no idea what happens in "real" life when sitting behind a machine and actually playing the games.......... think about that.


still waiting for the "liar" to post system specs and actual game settings .... ???? where are you ?

and still waiting for OP to post requested...........
m
0
l
Anonymous
October 21, 2012 9:29:44 PM

mactronix said:
lets see what the Pro's have to say shall we http://www.anandtech.com/show/2673
I thought it was customary to at least show some links before starting to insult each other ?
Mactronix :) 

to be honest, i am too lazy to drop my i3-2120 back in (for a similar set up of the OP's question) and reinstall the game to post some benchmarks. really i am too lazy to re-install the game just to have the benches "critiqued".

thanks for that link though:
Quote:
The stand out in this test is the Radeon HD 4870 1GB. This $300 AMD single GPU part performed on par with NVIDIA's much more expensive GeForce GTX 280. Some tests favored the GTX 280 while others the 4870, but only 2560x1600 with 4xAA was a runaway victory for the NVIDIA part. Obviously this puts the Radeon HD 4870 1GB ahead of the GeForce GTX 260 variants, but they are generally $50 cheaper. If you can afford the price difference, the 4870 1GB won't disappoint.


but they could be liars, eh?
:pfff: 
m
0
l
Anonymous
October 21, 2012 9:32:06 PM

swifty_morgan said:
thanks for a link to 2008........... got anything with new cards and from 2012 ?

and if the report says they used automated benchmarks ( farcry2 ranch/ranch long ) they never tell the entire story because the person doing the benchmarks has absolutely no idea what happens in "real" life when sitting behind a machine and actually playing the games.......... think about that.


still waiting for the "liar" to post system specs and actual game settings .... ???? where are you ?

and still waiting for OP to post requested...........

consider that reported. . . sorry bud but i am not going to stand to be insulted.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
October 21, 2012 9:38:55 PM

you can keep running but but I know the truth. could care less about the report. thanks for being forthcoming. shows honesty......... ahem.
m
0
l
Anonymous
October 21, 2012 9:50:26 PM

swifty_morgan said:
you can keep running but but I know the truth. could care less about the report. thanks for being forthcoming. shows honesty......... ahem.

and there you have it.

it doesn't matter what "proof" is shown, since you know the truth, it won't be good enough; so why bother?

however the point now is it is totally unacceptable to call anyone a liar or insult them simply because they dispute your sweeping generalization.

have a good day.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
October 21, 2012 9:56:06 PM

Anonymous said:
and there you have it.

it doesn't matter what "proof" is shown, since you know the truth, it won't be good enough; so why bother?

however the point now is it is totally unacceptable to call anyone a liar or insult them simply because they dispute your sweeping generalization.

have a good day.



sorry, but I asked and it was you that refused. put up or shut up.
m
0
l
October 21, 2012 9:58:57 PM

swifty_morgan said:
thanks for a link to 2008........... got anything with new cards and from 2012 ?

and if the report says they used automated benchmarks ( farcry2 ranch/ranch long ) they never tell the entire story because the person doing the benchmarks has absolutely no idea what happens in "real" life when sitting behind a machine and actually playing the games.......... think about that.


still waiting for the "liar" to post system specs and actual game settings .... ???? where are you ?

and still waiting for OP to post requested...........


You don't need anything more modern, the fact that the cards they used back then could run the game fine, along with the fact that the 550Ti is a faster/better card for running farCry 2 than any of the ones in the test should lead to a reasonable conclusion.

As I said links before getting all cranky with someone surely ? unless there is some history here ?
Anyway im out this should be shut soon now.
Mactronix :) 
m
0
l
a c 329 À AMD
October 21, 2012 10:01:42 PM

swifty_morgan < chill on the insults please
m
0
l
Anonymous
October 21, 2012 10:02:56 PM

swifty_morgan said:
sorry, but I asked and it was you that refused. put up or shut up.

and then will you apologize for calling me a liar?
(i highly doubt that)

but notice no difference with a 6950 1GB and a 6950 2GB:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_radeon_hd_7870...
now what
Quote:
20 different cards and half dozen machines/opsys.

did you use?

nah, forget it go troll with someone else . . . .
m
0
l
a b À AMD
October 21, 2012 10:28:22 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
swifty_morgan < chill on the insults please



sorry, got a little carried away. know where the devs screwed up, where the level designers made mistakes and the 3 flaws in the scripting.......... and I actually did run this on 20 different cards and on a half dozen machines ( at least )...... I know what runs it and what doesn't and......... blah, blah, blah........ LOL........ been a long m8. 14 more hours to go. whew!
m
0
l
October 24, 2012 7:43:18 AM

Best answer selected by pushanthegreat.
m
0
l
!