No VIDEO on new build.

slenteng

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
I assembled all the hardware listed below and when I plugged an HDMI and DVi cables into my vidoe card I get not video signal so that I may begin the software installation on this build. This is my 5th build and never incurred this issue before. I did use motherboards previously that had on-board video support and perhaps the fact that I'm going directly from the video card for initial set up or using a new SSD could be the issue? Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I'm totally stumped for ideas.

PSU
1000w thermaltake PSU

OS
Windows 7 home, 64bit

Chip
I7 3770k

Memory
4x-Crucial Ballistix 8gig (32gigs)

HDD
Crucial 256gig SSD

Video card
Gigabyte 6850 1gig

MoBoard
Asus Sabertooth p67 (Rev.3)

Optical drive
MSI CD/DVD writer

Chip Cooling
Corsair H60 water cooler

slenteng

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Both fans were spinning on the video card so i assume it was getting power. I don't think this board has Graphics output separate from a VGA card. I did notice when I turned it on it would seem to power up then shut down for a second then power back on again if that helps.

I'm going to try a couple of these suggestions tonight when i get home guys. Thanks a lot for your suggestions and I'll update you on my findings later.

slenteng

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Apologies, i sure didn't. 1000w PSU.

slenteng

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Well i tried all of your suggestions last night to no avail. :( Also I want to make it clear that everything seems to be running the issue is that i'm not getting a video signal to my monitor so that I may begin software installation.

Yes, to "GreatRandi" i do have a six pin VGA card.

One issue that I was having was about 20 seconds after booting the system would power down then turn on again 2-5 seconds later. i reset the CMOS memo clock via the 2 pin jumper and once I restarted this would no longer be an issue, but since I have no video (no input access) when time to power down and continue trouble shooting this issue would return again. I assume due to having to manually power down.

I doubt seriously that this has to do with the Card considering it was working fine in the last system it was in 2 days ago. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It really suck to spend so much and still be trouble shooting 3 days later. Thank you all.

slenteng

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012

How does this have anything to do with video output? Everything else is functioning properly.

slenteng

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012

Unfortunately Brian the P67 doesn't have on-board video support.

slenteng

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012

Thank you for your reply and yes i have the 6 pin connector going from the card to the PSU.

slenteng

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012

I has 2 PCI express slots with one being the recommended option for the VGA and the other as an option. I guess I'll try the optional slot tonight and get back to you Brian. Thanks again for your excellent suggestions, you are a true credit to this forum and hopefully I'll be able to return the favor in the near future.

slenteng

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
SUCCESS!!!
The Good: First I would like to thank AmericanBrian and The Great Randini for you patience and insightful assistance. As it turns out the issue was the out of date Bios on my P67 Sabertooth which I purchased about a year ago did not support the new Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8 gig RAM stixs nor did it support my I7-3770k. I had to use and old 1155-I5 from a friend and an old stick of Ram just to get it to flash the new BIOS.
The bad: now I need to get a copy of Windows 7-64 Ultimate or Pro since the the 64 bit home edition only supports 16 total gigs of RAM.