Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Sapphire HD 6850 temp 100c!!!

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Thermal Compound
  • Sapphire
  • HD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
October 21, 2012 9:48:46 AM

Hi guyz,

I attempt to replace my GPU's stock thermal paste with a generic silicone based thermal paste but when I finished applying and put everything in place, i opened speedfan and I noticed it rised up to 90c - 100c!!! thats so terrible and scary..

Should I buy a new branded metal based (instead of silicone) thermal paste??

Thanks.

More about : sapphire 6850 temp 100c

October 21, 2012 10:07:28 AM

There is no reason to replace the TIM on a GPU, it won't make a difference unless you change the heatsink, or or was defective and them it should be RMAed.

Anyway, 1% chance its the paste and you used something inferior, 99% you did it wrong. Reapply it correctly
m
0
l
October 21, 2012 3:47:02 PM

Why did you attempt to replace the TIM on the gpu heatsink ? Did you have a problem with stock TIM ? Do you read the high temps after you run a gpu intensive program or after you start your PC ?
m
0
l