CPU: i3 (will be upgraded at May to i5)
Motherboard: H61M-DS2
RAM: kingston KVR 4GB...
CPU: i3 (will be upgraded at May to i5)
Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB
(Limited Budget)

Solution
No need to upgrade the motherboard. H61 supports even the newest ivy bridge i5's with a BIOS update, downloadable from Gigabyte.

Depending on the power supply model, you likely don't need to upgrade that, either. If it is of even average quality, you can run a high end video card on 500W just fine.

GTX660 (or radeon 7850) would be decent video card updates, but what are you trying to gain? Is the 6850 struggling in games now? It's a fairly powerful card as is.

twelve25

Distinguished
No need to upgrade the motherboard. H61 supports even the newest ivy bridge i5's with a BIOS update, downloadable from Gigabyte.

Depending on the power supply model, you likely don't need to upgrade that, either. If it is of even average quality, you can run a high end video card on 500W just fine.

GTX660 (or radeon 7850) would be decent video card updates, but what are you trying to gain? Is the 6850 struggling in games now? It's a fairly powerful card as is.

Solution

NabeehNakhleh

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012

I want a better performance , the GTX 660 2GB is a great Card ! It gives better Performance than 6850 , and the motherboard can't expand the 660 GTX , because of the DVD rom's wires , the video card will hit the dvd rom's wires , I don't know what to with that :/ If you can help me , I will be so happy and thankful

TRENDING THREADS