Sign in with
Your question

Will i have enough power in my 750w power supply please help

Last response: in Systems
December 10, 2012 4:13:36 PM

hi there everyone ,,,,i have few questions for the forum thanks

1, i have an evga gtx 680 classified 4gb ... i want to use my old gainward gtx 560 1gb not the ti as a dedicated phyx card would my power supply be up for the job

2, my power supply is a thermatake toughpower 750w +80 bronze model w0117 3 years old

3, would it go up with bang if i connect 2 cards up and draw to much power

specs of my system
gainward gtx 560 1gb not the ti version
evga gtx 680 classified 4gb
asus rog crosshair v formula 990
amd 1090t 6 core @ 3.2mhz
kinston hyper x genensis 2x 4gb dr3 1600 duel channel
thermatake toughpower 750w plus 80 bronze
2x sata 7200
1 dvd writer
6x casefans 120mm
any help would be great thankyou
a b ) Power supply
December 10, 2012 4:17:07 PM

It will be able to support both cards... Although i doubt you will see an improvement by adding the 560 as a phyx card. But yes it should be safe to try.
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
December 10, 2012 4:18:13 PM

yeah it should work, you will see improvements in physix enabled games such as Mafia 2
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
December 10, 2012 4:24:16 PM

alvine said:
yeah it should work, you will see improvements in physix enabled games such as Mafia 2

You will likely only see a small improvement and only in a very few games. But like I said no harm in trying it out, the extra power draw might not be worth the little improvements that you will likely see...
a b ) Power supply
December 10, 2012 4:34:00 PM

Edit: double post
December 10, 2012 4:58:31 PM

thanks guys for input my m8 said phyx on gtx 680 buy itself ie single card would be better i don know what to do ??????
December 10, 2012 5:15:53 PM

It should be fine to try, but it may not do much for you. Do you play many physx games? I'm not aware of many games that have really used physx to any great degree recently; Mirrors Edge was the only big one I know of, other games have minor support but I don't think it's ever been anything ground-breaking. But I've run AMD for the last 5 years, so maybe enabling physx adds some amazing features which I've never seen.

You would probably see the biggest difference by selling the card (your wallet will have a decent performance increase).
a b ) Power supply
December 10, 2012 5:22:48 PM

tommy666 said:
thanks guys for input my m8 said phyx on gtx 680 buy itself ie single card would be better i don know what to do ??????

As others have said, your PSU isn't a problem. You can go ahead and try it and see if it improves physx games for you. Personally, I doubt it'll make enough difference to justify the added power/heat. I'd sell the 560, but that's up to you to decide. You have it so you might as well try it.
!