Solved

[Solved] 1GB GDDR5 VS 2GB GDDR3

***1GB GDDR5 VS 2GB GDDR3***

*which one would give better performance,
*which one produce less heat
*which one will consume less power
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about solved gddr5 gddr3
  1. Best answer
    sourabh1sharma said:
    ***1GB GDDR5 VS 2GB GDDR3***

    *which one would give better performance,
    *which one produce less heat
    *which one will consume less power

    At which res will you be playing at? Which card are you talking about? Performance GDDR5 is around 1.8x faster. But if you run OUT of that 1GB (Which is enough for 1080p) I'd definitely go for the 2GB DDR3. If you are 1080p or lower 1GB. But modern games kinda struggle at 1080p with 1GB. Your choice! :D
  2. Last year I'd say 1GB of VRAM was enough but with today's games I wouldn't recommend anything less than 2GB although I'd easily take 1GB GDDR5 over 2GB GDDR3.

    To put it into perspective - if a game uses the complete 2GB GDDR3 the GPU that uses it WON'T be able to keep up.
  3. RussK1 said:
    Last year I'd say 1GB of VRAM was enough but with today's games I wouldn't recommend anything less than 2GB although I'd easily take 1GB GDDR5 over 2GB GDDR3.

    To put it into perspective - if a game uses the complete 2GB GDDR3 the GPU that uses it WON'T be able to keep up.

    Isn't it exactly what I said?? LoL.
  4. ProVisionOman said:
    At which res will you be playing at? Which card are you talking about? Performance GDDR5 is around 1.8x faster. But if you run OUT of that 1GB (Which is enough for 1080p) I'd definitely go for the 2GB DDR3. If you are 1080p or lower 1GB. But modern games kinda struggle at 1080p with 1GB. Your choice! :D


    Im guessing this is an older low end GPU though, something like a 6670, just a feeling though...

    Whatever it is it doesn't sound like it will be playing skyrim with all the texture mods or crysis 2 ultra, BF3 ultra or any of the other games that require more than a gig of vram so I would say the 1gb GDDR5 is the better choice...

    but more info from the OP would be great
  5. paddys09 said:
    Im guessing this is an older low end GPU though, something like a 6670, just a feeling though...

    Whatever it is it doesn't sound like it will be playing skyrim with all the texture mods or crysis 2 ultra, BF3 ultra or any of the other games that require more than a gig of vram so I would say the 1gb GDDR5 is the better choice...

    but more info from the OP would be great

    Of-course. Or maybe he's just asking for future reference or just curiosity. LoL that will make us look like monkeys.
  6. ProVisionOman said:
    Isn't it exactly what I said?? LoL.


    No... this is what you said:

    Quote:
    At which res will you be playing at? Which card are you talking about? Performance GDDR5 is around 1.8x faster. But if you run OUT of that 1GB (Which is enough for 1080p) I'd definitely go for the 2GB DDR3. If you are 1080p or lower 1GB. But modern games kinda struggle at 1080p with 1GB. Your choice! :D


    Either way, does it matter? lol :pfff:

    I said GDDR5 NOT GDDR3.
  7. RussK1 said:
    No... this is what you said:

    Quote:
    At which res will you be playing at? Which card are you talking about? Performance GDDR5 is around 1.8x faster. But if you run OUT of that 1GB (Which is enough for 1080p) I'd definitely go for the 2GB DDR3. If you are 1080p or lower 1GB. But modern games kinda struggle at 1080p with 1GB. Your choice! :D


    Either way, does it matter? lol :pfff:

    I said GDDR5 NOT GDDR3.

    Well ok. What does OP stand for?
  8. ProVisionOman said:
    Well ok. What does OP stand for?


    Original Post(er)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance Graphics