Just built, display and keyboard don' work after restart

dmatatov95

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Hello, I just built my new system recently. It seems that the physical build was successful, but my problem came after I turned it on. On the first screen, instead of starting bios settings, I downloaded windows to my ssd instead. (I wasn't aware at the time that bios should be configured first). The windows download finished after a few minutes, and it said it will restart windows. For some reason, after the computer restarted, no information was sent to the monitor. Additionally, the keyboard was not starting although the mouse did. These are my computer specs:

NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model
ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM
HIS RADEON HD 7850 2GB Video Card
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1-64 bit- OEM
ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless Adapter IEEE 802.11b/g/n PCI
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 evo cpu cooler
Corsair CX500 500W power supply

To be clear, all physical components of the build seemed to be working completely. At first, I thought it was a BIOS problem, so i tried resetting the BIOS and CMOS by taking the battery and using a jumper. That did not seem to work. I also tried breadboarding the parts of the computer systematically, and saw no difference. I would really appreciate any suggestions, Thank You.

dmatatov95

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
The power supply seems to work fine, but i dont know if that might also be a problem?

BTW: both the keyboard and mouse are USB.
Keyboard is a logitech G110
Mouse is a Razer Deathadder.

hugh117

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
Does your keyboard work with the bios? have you tried all the USB/PS2 ports on your computer? have you tested them on another computer. If they dont work after trying all of these then i would suggest returning them to get a refund

dmatatov95

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
The keyboard and mouse both worked when i initially booted the computer, along with my monitor. The mouse still lights up when my computer starts, but the problem is the monitor doesn't get a feed. The keyboard does work in other computers, but PS2 keyboards dont work on this build either. The mouse works in every USB port.
To me, it seems that the problem is exclusive to my keyboard and Monitor.

hugh117

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
Is the monitor plugged into the motherboard? if so then plug it into the graphics card (if you have one) or try another output port such as VGA, HDMI or DVI. As for the keyboard the only thing i can suggest is downloading drivers which windows should do for you if you have a internet connection

dmatatov95

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
The motherboard has no display ports. It is currently connected to my video card using HDMI. My main concern is that everything worked fine until the windows install required a restart. After that, neither the monitor nor the keyboard were responsive.