Online master server problems

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Can't seem to get an updated list of servers in my game browser (XQF /
Linux), for RTCW. XQF is like ASE for you Windows users...

Anyone else seeing this problem? Can you get a list of servers, and join
a game?

Linux Registered User #327951
6 answers Last reply
More about online master server problems
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Dan C wrote:

    > Can't seem to get an updated list of servers in my game browser (XQF /
    > Linux), for RTCW. XQF is like ASE for you Windows users...
    >
    > Anyone else seeing this problem? Can you get a list of servers, and join
    > a game?

    yes, same here. I can add some servers to fav, but dont get feedback from
    masterserver. Maybe the default configuration from XQF is setted wrong/not
    updated with the rtcw-defaults, dunno, but you can try to set them manualy
    (what i havnt done, so dont know if this ll work).
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:40:41 +0100, HMB wrote:

    >> Can't seem to get an updated list of servers in my game browser (XQF /
    >> Linux), for RTCW. XQF is like ASE for you Windows users...
    >>
    >> Anyone else seeing this problem? Can you get a list of servers, and join
    >> a game?

    > yes, same here. I can add some servers to fav, but dont get feedback from
    > masterserver. Maybe the default configuration from XQF is setted wrong/not
    > updated with the rtcw-defaults, dunno, but you can try to set them manualy
    > (what i havnt done, so dont know if this ll work).

    Thanks for the reply. Haven't changed anything here that would affect
    this, so not sure what caused it to happen. I suspect that the IP address
    or the name of the master server for RTCW has changed. Anyone (Windows or
    Linux) know what a proper working address is for the master server?

    Linux Registered User #327951
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Dan C wrote:

    > or the name of the master server for RTCW has changed. Anyone (Windows or
    > Linux) know what a proper working address is for the master server?

    Works here (Windows system, like that matters) with 192.246.40.60:27950,
    which is etmaster.idsoftware.com.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 08:57:48 +0200, That Other Guy wrote:

    >> or the name of the master server for RTCW has changed. Anyone (Windows or
    >> Linux) know what a proper working address is for the master server?

    > Works here (Windows system, like that matters) with 192.246.40.60:27950,
    > which is etmaster.idsoftware.com.

    Thanks for your reply. I was looking for the RTCW master, which another
    poster supplied. Appreciate it.

    Linux Registered User #327951
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    In article <d25lbm$emn$1@w3bhost.de>, That Other Guy wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> or the name of the master server for RTCW has changed. Anyone (Windows or
    >> Linux) know what a proper working address is for the master server?
    >
    > Works here (Windows system, like that matters) with 192.246.40.60:27950,
    > which is etmaster.idsoftware.com.

    The propper address for RTCW would be:
    $ host wolfmaster.idsoftware.com
    wolfmaster.idsoftware.com is an alias for zerowing.idsoftware.com.
    zerowing.idsoftware.com has address 192.246.40.70

    ---
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:32:44 +0000, Custodial Artist wrote:

    >>> or the name of the master server for RTCW has changed. Anyone (Windows or
    >>> Linux) know what a proper working address is for the master server?

    >> Works here (Windows system, like that matters) with 192.246.40.60:27950,
    >> which is etmaster.idsoftware.com.

    > The propper address for RTCW would be:
    > $ host wolfmaster.idsoftware.com
    > wolfmaster.idsoftware.com is an alias for zerowing.idsoftware.com.
    > zerowing.idsoftware.com has address 192.246.40.70

    Thanks very much for that information. Hopefully this will get the game
    browser to work again. Happy fraggin'!

    Linux Registered User #327951

Servers Games Linux Video Games