Online master server problems

Last response: in Video Games
March 23, 2005 7:23:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Can't seem to get an updated list of servers in my game browser (XQF /
Linux), for RTCW. XQF is like ASE for you Windows users...

Anyone else seeing this problem? Can you get a list of servers, and join
a game?

Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 9:40:41 PM

Dan C wrote:

> Can't seem to get an updated list of servers in my game browser (XQF /
> Linux), for RTCW. XQF is like ASE for you Windows users...
>
> Anyone else seeing this problem? Can you get a list of servers, and join
> a game?

yes, same here. I can add some servers to fav, but dont get feedback from
masterserver. Maybe the default configuration from XQF is setted wrong/not
updated with the rtcw-defaults, dunno, but you can try to set them manualy
(what i havnt done, so dont know if this ll work).
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 9:40:42 PM

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:40:41 +0100, HMB wrote:

>> Can't seem to get an updated list of servers in my game browser (XQF /
>> Linux), for RTCW. XQF is like ASE for you Windows users...
>>
>> Anyone else seeing this problem? Can you get a list of servers, and join
>> a game?

> yes, same here. I can add some servers to fav, but dont get feedback from
> masterserver. Maybe the default configuration from XQF is setted wrong/not
> updated with the rtcw-defaults, dunno, but you can try to set them manualy
> (what i havnt done, so dont know if this ll work).

Thanks for the reply. Haven't changed anything here that would affect
this, so not sure what caused it to happen. I suspect that the IP address
or the name of the master server for RTCW has changed. Anyone (Windows or
Linux) know what a proper working address is for the master server?

Linux Registered User #327951
March 27, 2005 12:57:48 PM

Dan C wrote:

> or the name of the master server for RTCW has changed. Anyone (Windows or
> Linux) know what a proper working address is for the master server?

Works here (Windows system, like that matters) with 192.246.40.60:27950,
which is etmaster.idsoftware.com.
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 12:57:49 PM

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 08:57:48 +0200, That Other Guy wrote:

>> or the name of the master server for RTCW has changed. Anyone (Windows or
>> Linux) know what a proper working address is for the master server?

> Works here (Windows system, like that matters) with 192.246.40.60:27950,
> which is etmaster.idsoftware.com.

Thanks for your reply. I was looking for the RTCW master, which another
poster supplied. Appreciate it.

Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 2:32:44 PM

In article <d25lbm$emn$1@w3bhost.de>, That Other Guy wrote:
> Dan C wrote:
>
>> or the name of the master server for RTCW has changed. Anyone (Windows or
>> Linux) know what a proper working address is for the master server?
>
> Works here (Windows system, like that matters) with 192.246.40.60:27950,
> which is etmaster.idsoftware.com.

The propper address for RTCW would be:
$ host wolfmaster.idsoftware.com
wolfmaster.idsoftware.com is an alias for zerowing.idsoftware.com.
zerowing.idsoftware.com has address 192.246.40.70

---
March 27, 2005 2:32:45 PM

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:32:44 +0000, Custodial Artist wrote:

>>> or the name of the master server for RTCW has changed. Anyone (Windows or
>>> Linux) know what a proper working address is for the master server?

>> Works here (Windows system, like that matters) with 192.246.40.60:27950,
>> which is etmaster.idsoftware.com.

> The propper address for RTCW would be:
> $ host wolfmaster.idsoftware.com
> wolfmaster.idsoftware.com is an alias for zerowing.idsoftware.com.
> zerowing.idsoftware.com has address 192.246.40.70

Thanks very much for that information. Hopefully this will get the game
browser to work again. Happy fraggin'!

Linux Registered User #327951
!