Multimedia Audio Control Driver

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I recently had to format my hard drive. Stupid me had no back up copy of
drivers. I'm running windows XP and would like some info on where to get
drivers for Audio. I've no sound at all at the moment. I've search sites for
drivers but not sure which one I should be using! If there is some way to
find out which one I need before I start downloading I'd very much
appriciate advice on how to do it.

Much Obliged
Mike :)

Start with the website of the PC manufacturer. If you know what motherboard
you are using and the audio is onboard, then they'll also be at the website
of the motherboard manufacturer.
www.coribright.com

"Michael" <walsh67@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
>I recently had to format my hard drive. Stupid me had no back up copy of
>drivers. I'm running windows XP and would like some info on where to get
>drivers for Audio. I've no sound at all at the moment. I've search sites
>for drivers but not sure which one I should be using! If there is some way
>to find out which one I need before I start downloading I'd very much
>appriciate advice on how to do it.
>
> Much Obliged
> Mike :)

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Well I tried the PC manufacturer site with no luck. Newell don't have much
of a site. As to finding out what motherboard I'm using, I've never tried
anything so frustrating! From what I can gather I've got a Phoenix Award
BIOS v6.00PG, there suppose to be a BIOS number displayed on booting up the
system, but all I get is SiS-651-6A6IXM4FC-00. Which does not seem to be the
right information at all.Why the hell do they make it so difficult to find
this kind of info! I did come across a program that would find the best
drivers for my system but having to pay for a program that I'll probably
only use the once seems a bit extreme.
> Start with the website of the PC manufacturer. If you know what
> motherboard you are using and the audio is onboard, then they'll also be
> at the website of the motherboard manufacturer.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Michael" <walsh67@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
>>I recently had to format my hard drive. Stupid me had no back up copy of
>>drivers. I'm running windows XP and would like some info on where to get
>>drivers for Audio. I've no sound at all at the moment. I've search sites
>>for drivers but not sure which one I should be using! If there is some way
>>to find out which one I need before I start downloading I'd very much
>>appriciate advice on how to do it.
>>
>> Much Obliged
>> Mike :)

Try downloading the Belarc Advisor (www.belarc.com) and see if it can
identify your motherboard. All we seem to know at the moment is that it has
a Phoenix Award BIOS and possibly an SiS chipset.

> Well I tried the PC manufacturer site with no luck. Newell don't have much
> of a site. As to finding out what motherboard I'm using, I've never tried
> anything so frustrating! From what I can gather I've got a Phoenix Award
> BIOS v6.00PG, there suppose to be a BIOS number displayed on booting up
> the system, but all I get is SiS-651-6A6IXM4FC-00. Which does not seem to
> be the right information at all.Why the hell do they make it so difficult
> to find this kind of info! I did come across a program that would find the
> best drivers for my system but having to pay for a program that I'll
> probably only use the once seems a bit extreme.
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> Start with the website of the PC manufacturer. If you know what
>> motherboard you are using and the audio is onboard, then they'll also be
>> at the website of the motherboard manufacturer.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "Michael" <walsh67@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
>>>I recently had to format my hard drive. Stupid me had no back up copy of
>>>drivers. I'm running windows XP and would like some info on where to get
>>>drivers for Audio. I've no sound at all at the moment. I've search sites
>>>for drivers but not sure which one I should be using! If there is some
>>>way to find out which one I need before I start downloading I'd very much
>>>appriciate advice on how to do it.
>>>
>>> Much Obliged
>>> Mike :)

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Way to go Cari that Belarc program is a beute! I got the make for my
motherboard it's a MSI (MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL) model 6533. I went to
their site and found the driver for my system. Downloaded it and installed
it. I've now got sound!! Just one little glitch! The keyboard strokes now
seem to interfere with any sound that is playing. eg. if I have a song
playing via media player it will play fine unless I try to type something on
the keyboard then it pauses and stutters. Could this still be a problem with
drivers? I positive I've got the right one for the on board sound, but I
suppose one of the others might be clashing with it. So close but yet so
far. Does it ever get easy? Thanks again for the help Cari.

Much Obliged
Mike