Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What card should I choose between 660 or 650 ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 22, 2012 12:23:57 AM

This is a build that I am currently setting up with my grandfather I was wondering what Graphics Card you recommend.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Did the math from my job, and birthday coming up that I should have the money for my whole build early December. (900-Range)

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Playing Games such as Skyrim, SWTOR, GTAV(When it comes out), TESO, ARMA III, DAYZ (standalone when it comes out) and Minecraft at Ultra or Max settings doesn't matter too much to me. Then Video Editing, Surfing the Web, and working in UDK.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER
SUPPLY: N/A

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Here are the other specs of my whole build: (I was wondering if someone could be able to tell me if my PSU is good also.)

Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge
DVD Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Case: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:New Egg

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: United States

PARTS PREFERENCES: Not to sure, don't know too much about GPU.

OVERCLOCKING: Yes / No / Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe not too sure how to use it.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Using an old monitor that I am not sure what the specs are, will get a new one by january (what resolution do you recommend)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I just want a good card that is compatible with the above mentioned materials, that isn't more expensive than $230. I wanted to know if I would see a big difference in gaming with a 560/650 ti instead of a 660. Thanks.

More about : card choose 660 650

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2012 12:46:28 AM

Go with a 1080p monitor. Don't get an OCZ power supply though. Get a Seasonic 620w modular unit from newegg for 89 bucks. A 660gtx is probably enough to max out many games, but a ti version will max out most of them. You may want to consider AMD too. Read benchmarks for the games you like and see who comes out on top.
October 22, 2012 12:49:14 AM

thanks, now you may want me to consider an AMD GPU like a Radeon? ok and I will look at the price point of the 660 Ti. If I am able to pull a second seasonal job selling christmas trees I will defiantly expand my spending price.
Related resources
October 22, 2012 12:58:25 AM

well after looking at the price point, I will most likely stay in the 660 range, now I am off to look at benchmarks to see if the games/ graphic preference and make my decision from there.
October 22, 2012 1:13:42 AM

The Radeon HD 7870's are pretty cheap right now (around 250-270 USD) and have very good performance.
October 22, 2012 10:45:40 AM

Hmmm.... Thanks I will have to check them out.
October 22, 2012 11:14:38 PM

Best answer selected by TWD26.
!