dp

My Brother's scanner - MFC-9100C isn't working with
Microsoft's Professional XP. I uninstalled Brother's
drivers hoping to be able to use Microsoft's "built-in"
drivers.

Did you read through the very comprehensive instructions at Brother's
website at:
http://www.brother.com/E-ftp/windowsxp/f_us/mfc-9100c.html
www.coribright.com