1st Build Help: Advice/Criticism on Parts List

iSpecialTime

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Hey folks, so first and foremost, this is my first build ever and these are the parts I currently have picked out:

BitFenix Colossus Venom Window / Green LED / Black Steal / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

EVGA 04G-P4-3673-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

SILVERSTONE Strider Essential series ST60F-ES 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC

Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model PV316G160C9K

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K

Enermax ETS-T40 T.B.SILENCE CPU Cooler With PWM Twister Bearing Fan Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM2/FM1/AM3+

LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray Burner with Blu Ray 3D Feature SATA IHBS112-04 - OEM

ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Link to wishlist: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=21165032

I have purposely left out a mouse/keyboard, and an OS, as I already have them.

Obviously the price might end up being less, as these are all from newegg. (I haven't gone bargain hunting just yet)

I just want to make sure all of my parts are compatible, as i've never build a pc before. If you think one part is dragging down the rest of them, or one of them is just to good let me know!

I do lots of gaming (steam games like metro2033 & TF2, also other games such as LoL) and I do quite a bit of video editing on Sony Vegas Pro (so rendering times are kinda important.)

I do not want to go much above where I am at now price-wise, but any realistic suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

iSpecialTime

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

I was debating doing some minor OC'ing, but nothing to drastic. Being my first full build, I dont want to put any of my parts at risk. would OC'ing the processor to around 4.5Ghz be doable with that cooler?

iSpecialTime

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

Since gaming is a big part of what i do, could you link me to a benchmark that compares the Radeon you picked and the nVidia i picked? I always used nvidia cards, just because it was all i knew. But I'm open to switching if you can persuade me http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/wink.gif

Also, would that PSU be able to cope with a second card in SLI/Crossfire in the future, if i decided to upgrade?

everything is ready for overclocking and future crossfire

you can go with a nvidia card but amd cards have a tad more performance and come with 3 free and good games

benchmarks right now are kind of off due to very recent driver releases

you will need the cooler for 4.5ghz

iSpecialTime

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

Okay, thanks a lot.

Worst case scenario, if i'm having heat issues i'll purchase another cooler later on down the road.

I may end up getting a gold certified PSU, just to make me feel better, but i like your build. Saves me some money!

I'll wait to hear a few more points of view on the video cards though, as that is the biggest investment out of my components.

iSpecialTime

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

Hmm, okay.

I appreciate all of the help, and just to clarify, did you mean i should use my original cooler, or the cheaper one you picked out if i plan on overclocking to 4.5?

And i'm not a pro at overclocking, would you say 4.5 would be stable/safe?